BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

So.  A Popeye show?

😜

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

The BD Brass & Percussion are already out in Wyoming practicing.

Thanks. In the past their memorial day week camps have been local usually Los Medanos college. Of the years I've followed BD the corp never had their big camps before the season outside of CA. And I can see the logistics as it's not cheap to find a temporary place in the Bay Area for this for the members.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to seeing Blue Devils (& SCV) in San Bernardino on June 26th.  However the group I'm going with, I'm told, will be spending a lot of the time in the parking lot watching practice and warm-ups.......🙄.

Never understood that concept.   

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Blue Devils (& SCV) in San Bernardino on June 26th.  However the group I'm going with, I'm told, will be spending a lot of the time in the parking lot watching practice and warm-ups.......🙄.

Never understood that concept.   

I can see maybe doing that once, but it's not something I'd choose to do regularly. Give me an old-time, hotter than blazes afternoon regular run-through rehearsal anytime. Then go back to the hotel, shower, have a couple of brews and head to the stadium to enjoy the finished product. 

4 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I can see maybe doing that once, but it's not something I'd choose to do regularly. Give me an old-time, hotter than blazes afternoon regular run-through rehearsal anytime. Then go back to the hotel, shower, have a couple of brews and head to the stadium to enjoy the finished product. 

I’d much rather be in the stands watching the finished product of the smaller corps than watching the “big boys” practice.  Plus, it’s a lot of people preening around in their corps jacket trying to look important. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I’d much rather be in the stands watching the finished product of the smaller corps than watching the “big boys” practice.  Plus, it’s a lot of people preening around in their corps jacket trying to look important. 

i am so over standing in the lot watching lines play all this crazy stuff then later seeing them blow a tap roll on the field

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i am so over standing in the lot watching lines play all this crazy stuff then later seeing them blow a tap roll on the field

LOL!!!!

But I have to admit, still hearing BD play Space Chords in the lot....................or in 2017 when they did the trumpet feature from Metamorph. Sitting inside the BD circle hearing that...............out of body experience that can't be explained.

Lord knows I love my wife dearly.............but after hearing that 40-man trumpet feature up close, I tried to convince my wife to move to Utah so I could marry all those trumpet players. 

No one does the lot like BD. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chief Guns said:LOL!!!!

But I have to admit, still hearing BD play Space Chords in the lot....................or in 2017 when they did the trumpet feature from Metamorph. Sitting inside the BD circle hearing that...............out of body experience that can't be explained.

Lord knows I love my wife dearly.............but after hearing that 40-man trumpet feature up close, I tried to convince my wife to move to Utah so I could marry all those trumpet players. 

No one does the lot like BD. 

That reminds me of when I stood in front of them on the track in Whitewater in 1980 during their victory concert.  My goodness. 

• Like 1