BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

31 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That reminds me of when I stood in front of them on the track in Whitewater in 1980 during their victory concert.  My goodness. 

The greatest old-time, hotter than blazes afternoon regular run-through rehearsals I ever saw were all in a single day in Birmingham in 1979. We did a "tour" of BD, 27th, SOA and SCV rehearsals. That was one very memorable day. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

The greatest old-time, hotter than blazes afternoon regular run-through rehearsals I ever saw were all in a single day in Birmingham in 1979. We did a "tour" of BD, 27th, SOA and SCV rehearsals. That was one very memorable day. 

DCI Midwest in Whitewater had prelims.  We’d sit through that all day, go get something to eat, and then go to the night show.   Same at DCM. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

DCI Midwest in Whitewater had prelims.  We’d sit through that all day, go get something to eat, and then go to the night show.   Same at DCM. 

And decent chow was hard to find in Whitewater back then. I remember they had a Pizza Hut and of all things, a Burger Chef (Google that one, kids) and not much else. Not so much the case in DeKalb. 

• Like 2

On 5/19/2022 at 9:00 AM, KVG_DC said:

So.  A Popeye show?

😜

Really going back to their Ott roots and The Commodores (Stockton, not Lionel Richie)

• Like 1

Blue Devils gave a tease of show announcement on instagram. Coming Soon 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 11:18 AM, OldSnareDrummer said:

Hey! You saw me! And you didn’t even say “Hi”

• Haha 1

I hear the DUNE soundtrack …. 👀

I’m just hoping the vibe is more 2014/17 than, say, ‘16. Gives me hope that ‘17 (60th anniversary) was a diamond show and this already being called a sapphire (65th) show. I’m sure they’ll do us proud. 

BTW, pretty incredible that this thread was already getting buckwild back in, like, September LOL. Going to be a fuuuuuuuuuuun summer. 

• Like 1