BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

34 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Tread softly! 

I see what you did there, but didn't know until i looked up the peom. If i am right on thinking on the direction this is going, i have to say I love when BD goes this direction. It pisses some people off  lol, but I LOVE IT on how well they interpret these kind of shows.

• Like 4

Oh snap.  If this is a play on the Yeats poem I'm gonna love this.

• Thanks 1

Here is what the saying was from the video 

Rúguǒ wǒ shì tiānshàng de xiù bù,

jīnguāng yǔ yín guāng

Someone pointed out that it's the first two line of the Yeats poem in Mandarin Chinese. 

• Thanks 2

Honestly at this point, I really don't want anymore darn tease. Just announce the darn show already.. Darn It! Lol

• Haha 1

Show announcement is here

https://bluedevils.org/programs/a-corps/seasons/

“Blue has no dimensions, it is beyond dimensions.” – Yves Klein

It may seem surprising, but the color blue is a relatively modern invention. The only ancient culture that had a word for it was the Ancient Egyptians, and yet the color BLUE has flourished in a multitude of incarnations reaching far beyond the discovery of Lapis Lazuli.

Dancing on the historical timeline of this mysterious and dynamic color, the 2022 Blue Devils celebrate their 65th Anniversary with TEMPUS BLUE. Lapis lazuli, the Renaissance, Titian, Novalis’s Blue Flower, Picasso, and Yves Klein emerge from the timeline in a collage of music and motion. A universal perspective provides a musical palette of influence and style. A contemporary, modern approach allows TEMPUS BLUE to reflect this emotional, miraculous hue with innovation and vision.

Starting with the rise of civilization around 4500 B.C. and continuing to this day, people have found creative ways to produce colors for artistic expression. This summer 165 extraordinary performers travel the United States as The Blue Devils bring TEMPUS BLUE to Drum Corps International’s 50th Anniversary celebration of excitement and excellence.

“A certain blue enters your soul.” – Henri Matisse

LAPIS LAZULI – Original Composition by Dave Glyde

DIVINE BLUE – Original Composition by Dave Glyde

CARNIVAL OF VENICE (Titian) – Niccolo Paganini

MOON RIVER (Blue Flower) – Henry Mancini (Arr. By Jacob Collier)

HANDS AND FEET (Picasso) – Michel Camilo

SILK SONIC INTRO (Yves Klein) – Bruno Mars

TANK! (Yves Klein) – Yoko Kanno

HOME OF THE BRAVE (Blue Earth) – Thomas Bergerse 

“Preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we’ve ever known.” – Carl Sagan

Edited by btown50
  • Thanks 1