BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

28 minutes ago, btown50 said:

Show announcement is here

https://bluedevils.org/programs/a-corps/seasons/

“Blue has no dimensions, it is beyond dimensions.” – Yves Klein

It may seem surprising, but the color blue is a relatively modern invention. The only ancient culture that had a word for it was the Ancient Egyptians, and yet the color BLUE has flourished in a multitude of incarnations reaching far beyond the discovery of Lapis Lazuli.

Dancing on the historical timeline of this mysterious and dynamic color, the 2022 Blue Devils celebrate their 65th Anniversary with TEMPUS BLUE. Lapis lazuli, the Renaissance, Titian, Novalis’s Blue Flower, Picasso, and Yves Klein emerge from the timeline in a collage of music and motion. A universal perspective provides a musical palette of influence and style. A contemporary, modern approach allows TEMPUS BLUE to reflect this emotional, miraculous hue with innovation and vision.

Starting with the rise of civilization around 4500 B.C. and continuing to this day, people have found creative ways to produce colors for artistic expression. This summer 165 extraordinary performers travel the United States as The Blue Devils bring TEMPUS BLUE to Drum Corps International’s 50th Anniversary celebration of excitement and excellence.

“A certain blue enters your soul.” – Henri Matisse

LAPIS LAZULI – Original Composition by Dave Glyde

DIVINE BLUE – Original Composition by Dave Glyde

CARNIVAL OF VENICE (Titian) – Niccolo Paganini

MOON RIVER (Blue Flower) – Henry Mancini (Arr. By Jacob Collier)

HANDS AND FEET (Picasso) – Michel Camilo

SILK SONIC INTRO (Yves Klein) – Bruno Mars

TANK! (Yves Klein) – Yoko Kanno

HOME OF THE BRAVE (Blue Earth) – Thomas Bergerse 

“Preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we’ve ever known.” – Carl Sagan

Yes seen it... Love the Title. I'm always inlove with BD creative show titles. So cool, so artistic and so creative.

TEMPUS BLUE

BDA22.jpg

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 2

I've got to say after listening to all the reps for this show except the "original compositions" by David Glyde. I Looooooooove it! It's very classic refreshing, and modern contemporary. I like the mix of music, gives off a specific vibes, that is truly unique and special.

I heard Classic BD, meeting Current BD. It feels like a travel back in time and coming into now, and i like that, i could hear certain era's of Blue Devils. This is going to be a real musical treat for a variety of people, if not, maybe for everyone.

I Have good feeling this show is going to be a hit.

GO BLUE DEVILS :bluedevil:

#sapphiresummer

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 3

For some reason, I'm getting a 2012 and 2016 feeling from the announcement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I've got to say after listening to all the reps for this show except the "original compositions" by David Glyde. I Looooooooove it! It's very classic refreshing, and modern contemporary. I like the mix of music, gives off a specific vibes, that is truly unique and special.

I heard Classic BD, meeting Current BD. It feels like a travel back in time and coming into now, and i like that, i could hear certain era's of Blue Devils. This is going to be a real musical treat for a variety of people, if not, maybe for everyone.

I Have good feeling this show is going to be a hit.

GO BLUE DEVILS :bluedevil:

#sapphiresummer

The trumpets should have some fun, that’s for sure.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

LAPIS LAZULI – Original Composition by Dave Glyde

DIVINE BLUE – Original Composition by Dave Glyde

CARNIVAL OF VENICE (Titian) – Niccolo Paganini

MOON RIVER (Blue Flower) – Henry Mancini (Arr. By Jacob Collier)

HANDS AND FEET (Picasso) – Michel Camilo

SILK SONIC INTRO (Yves Klein) – Bruno Mars

TANK! (Yves Klein) – Yoko Kanno

HOME OF THE BRAVE (Blue Earth) – Thomas Bergerse 

I am super excited to see what they do with this music and the overall show theme. Tempus Blue, at least on paper, seems like an amazing show with so much possibility for exploration of color and sound. I envision a large palette of different blue coloration and the music charts seem to represent a wide palette of colors and styles from a musical perspective. I will have to listen to all the music with the exception of the Dave Glyde stuff.  But wow...Carnival of Venice should give the brass and drums some serious technique to dig into. Moon River is such a classy Mancini work and I am excited to see how they bring this to life. And Bruno Mars...very nice! The great thing about this show theme is they are not trapped into a certain style and the ideal of the theme leaves room for interpretation and growth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

The trumpets should have some fun, that’s for sure.

Oh yes, and they better do. that's a threat Lol..

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I am super excited to see what they do with this music and the overall show theme. Tempus Blue, at least on paper, seems like an amazing show with so much possibility for exploration of color and sound. I envision a large palette of different blue coloration and the music charts seem to represent a wide palette of colors and styles from a musical perspective. I will have to listen to all the music with the exception of the Dave Glyde stuff.  But wow...Carnival of Venice should give the brass and drums some serious technique to dig into. Moon River is such a classy Mancini work and I am excited to see how they bring this to life. And Bruno Mars...very nice! The great thing about this show theme is they are not trapped into a certain style and the ideal of the theme leaves room for interpretation and growth. 

Yes. Well said.. so much possibilities

so what day finals week does Chumley give the 20?

• Haha 1