BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

3 hours ago, lyndakay27 said:

Even my daughter isn’t saying much! She says it’s the toughest book she’s done. Drill is strong. Everyone is enjoying Wyoming. That’s all I’ve got!

That's enough to hear. Thank you! That tells me, they're working really hard, sounds like it's going to be a really STRONG show, and that makes me happy. Blue Devils knows what's up, they know the sharks are coming. After two years off, that hunger and passion should be ignited, i suspect the team understand the assignment. Three things makes me smile

1. The toughest book she’s ever done ( could be relative though).

2. "Drill is strong"

3. "Everyone is enjoying Wyoming."

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

That is absolutely possible any year. Nothing last forever. At some point BDs top two run will come to an end. 

However BD has "Earned" the benefit of the doubt. I won't believe BD outside the top two until I see it. 

Fair and truth. I do expect the BD top 2 placement to come to an end at some point, but i am with on this point, they earned the benefit of doubt until it happens right before our eyes.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Fair and truth. I do expect the BD top 2 placement to come to an end at some point, but i am with on this point, they earned the benefit of doubt until it happens right before our eyes.

Yes Sir you speak the truth!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Yes Sir you speak the truth!

Yes. Chief Guns what are you most looking forward to for this comeback season ? The same question is directed to generally everyone who want to express their sentiments ?

For me I'm very happy, very very happy, there's an actual season! DCI have become a part of my summer since 2009 and missing that with my other summer activities, due to pandemic was weirdly different. Yes i know DCI Celebration even happened, it was truly enjoyable. It felt like a medical administered act to resuscitate a life, almost lost to death. Maybe i am being a bit dramatic here, but it felt like that.

I hope the joy of 2021 DC Celebration spirit can be carried over to this current season and beyond, even though i have my doubts, because some moments are only for a specific place and time, and never can be recreated, being it was a very unique year and circumstance, that kind of helped to mold the DCI Celebration event.

I know there's so much that have been discussed, on various topics on multiple threads on DCP, but i have to truly show my gratitude; that we get to have one this year. In spite so many issues and challenges with few Drum corps organization, not able to field this year is unfortunate. Their presence will be truly missed and, i hope they will return soon as possible, all the very best for all of them, after they've gotten all their affairs ironed out. Beyond that, i am so elated for the marching arts, that is DCI competition.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
Edited: Got posted prematurely by mistake.
  • Like 5

42 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Well obviously seeing my beloved Blue Devils back on the field is one of the things I look forward to this year. 

But this year just hits different. Cause #1 on my list is seeing my son march in his first DCI season. He is a Contra player for Gold. Being a DCI Dad and watching him do something he loves, I can't even describe the pride and joy I am feeling. The absolute highlight will be June 25th when my son performs at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. That venue is iconic. Tears will be flowing that night for sure! 

I will still be able to see BD as they will be at the same shows as Gold here in California, so I get the best of both worlds. Plus BD houses in Grand Terrace which is about 20min from my house, so I will definitely head over and check out a BD rehearsal or two like I do every year.  

Also for anyone interested, Gold has their exhibition show this Saturday on June 18th at Vista Del Lago High School in Moreno Valley CA. Pacific Crest will be there as well doing a exhibition. Come on out and support both corps! Hopefully I will see all of you there!

DO IT UP DEVILS!

GO GET'EM GOLD!

Get'em, Chief Gun Contra Kid (CGCK)!

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

But this year just hits different. Cause #1 on my list is seeing my son march in his first DCI season. He is a Contra player for Gold. Being a DCI Dad and watching him do something he loves, I can't even describe the pride and joy I am feeling. The absolute highlight will be June 25th when my son performs at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. That venue is iconic. Tears will be flowing that night for sure! 

That is soooooo awesome. Congrats to you, your son and his Mom. It's always so neat to watch corps parents on DCP beam with such pride. I became a Gold fan in 2021 as I watched them on Flo. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Well obviously seeing my beloved Blue Devils back on the field is one of the things I look forward to this year. 

I will still be able to see BD as they will be at the same shows as Gold here in California, so I get the best of both worlds. Plus BD houses in Grand Terrace which is about 20min from my house, so I will definitely head over and check out a BD rehearsal or two like I do every year.  

Also for anyone interested, Gold has their exhibition show this Saturday on June 18th at Vista Del Lago High School in Moreno Valley CA. Pacific Crest will be there as well doing a exhibition. Come on out and support both corps! Hopefully I will see all of you there!

DO IT UP DEVILS!

GO GET'EM GOLD!

Such a special year for Chief 👍😃. I can't help but to be proud with you for your son this summer. I'll definitely be cheering for him, for GOLD.

As you mentioned Exhibition. I think BD will also have a performance at Wyoming in unis, saw it on their Calendar. But i know Gold will be most special seeing and hearing your exhibiting their 2022 GOLD show. I hope a lot fans turn out to watch, i am not able to be there because of distance, but will be there in spirit to support Chief.

Your son is going to have an unforgettable summer of his life. Give him my best wishes..

DO IT UP DEVILS!

GO GET'EM GOLD!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, lyndakay27 said:

Even my daughter isn’t saying much! She says it’s the toughest book she’s done. Drill is strong. Everyone is enjoying Wyoming. That’s all I’ve got!

I’ve heard that this show is the most difficult BD has ever designed. 

• Like 4