BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

One thing’s very clear: They want that guard trophy back. 

Also, the entire corps’ dance and jazz running technique is already weirdly high at this stage, even for BD. And yet you can also see what a pain in the butt it’s going to be to refine and clean this show an keep that energy up throughout — which is classic BD to me. 

This season’s going to be quite a showdown!!  

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 4

There is an unlisted video of the full show on YouTube now. Posted 15 hours ago and only 475 views so far, so about 3 per family 😆. So they’re doing a pretty good job of keeping it under wraps for a little longer. Glad folks are liking what has made it out so far. Really looking forward to seeing it again with uniforms on Saturday!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

So i manage to finally see the clips from two accounts.

My Thoughts: At first i couldn't get a good read on the show because of the disjointed clips on the first account.. I honestly didn't know how to feel about it in general and i just wanted to hear the music. I played few times over and, a found second account, and i started to get a better feel of the show.... RIGHT THEN, i started to really dig it, then i started to like it, then now i am loving what i am seeing and hearing. BD Nation i think your gonna love this too!

My reasons why i love it:

1. The show gave me that classic Blue Devils i always wanted them to revisit, eg. like the 80s but yet still now modern Blue Devils.

2. i really like the staging of the props, the layouts are different from the past, and the field is used up more the center and back.

3. The Show is really strong musically and visually, even though they wasn't giving 100 percent of everything, they've limited some of the guard stuff through out... Well that's BD traditional way preseason.

4. The horns are strong as i said above... They sound so ####### good. that sound, oh my gosh!

5. Listen as much as this is modern drum corps with staging and the fluttering, running around and dancing, BD have some really strong drill going on in this show.. Talk about DIFFICULT DRILL MOMENTS will need so much work to clean, but will be wow moments for the show, drill is strong. I have to say BD is not given enough praises for drills when they are criticized.

6. The show evokes different emotions throughout. Yes it will also make you want to dance... talk about Tank! so groovy.

Overall This show is really strong, and going to be really difficult for the members, but it's a fun show, it's enjoyable. I can see it when it's cleaned up how stunning and spectacular it's going to be.. Those guards are just always contending.

Edit: Ps. I must add, i am not saying they will win either. They have a lot of cleaning regardless. This show will take work. but it's potentially a contender. I love Blue Devils but i can be objective.

Thanks for the lookout! You Da Man!

• Like 1

Just saw the show.

Guard has definitely said it's time to claim the CG trophy again.

Holy Screamers Batman!

Tank is going to bring the house down in Indy.

The ballad should keep BD as the "Ballad Kings" since 2014.

We will see what the amazing men and women from Canton are doing (which I am sure it's fire), but this BD show will be a force to be reckon with in August. 

Anyone hoping and praying BD finishes 4th in 2022, yea good luck with that.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chief Guns said:

Just saw the show.

Guard has definitely said it's time to claim the CG trophy again.

Holy Screamers Batman!

Tank is going to bring the house down in Indy.

We will see what the amazing men and women from Canton are doing (which I am sure it's fire), but this BD show will be a force to be reckon with in August. 

Anyone hoping and praying BD finishes 4th in 2022, yea good luck with that.  

Yeah, I'm hearing that Canton and Boston are bringing the fire too.  Haven't heard too much from Chicago, but what I've heard is very positive as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

Except for 2019. That year's crown went to Cavies.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Except for 2019. That year's crown went to Cavies.

Great point! Actually for 2019, I will go with Cavies then BD, then Crown. 

But looking at ballads as a whole since 14, Devs got it. My opinion of course. 

• Like 3

What about SCV in '18? I would put that as the top ballad of the year.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, raceman132 said:

What about SCV in '18? I would put that as the top ballad of the year.

Dang i forgot about the Babylon ballad. Dang that was a good one!! You can't argue anything from Babylon lol.