BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

Wow...I guess BD should have been setting the June Wyoming field on fire with August quality performance standards. The season hasn't yet started but some on here are now experts on the outcome. Fine...makes you feel better but yeah...I'm waiting for the starting line. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Wow...I guess BD should have been setting the June Wyoming field on fire with August quality performance standards. The season hasn't yet started but some on here are now experts on the outcome. Fine...makes you feel better but yeah...I'm waiting for the starting line. 

I like their show.  I still think they’ll win.  They’ll tweak, clean, and layer.   It’s all speculation on June 20th.    The old man had Cavies in 4th in 2004 after seeing a pre show rehearsal in Oswego.  I still laugh about that. 😂 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

LOL. I know we seem crazy. Clearly this show is not coherent — yet. It’s not that we’re experts on the outcome, we just [Sam Hinkie voice] trust the process. Twice bitten, etc etc. Hardcore BD fans in their modern era have learned the hard way that doubting the pre-season product will bite you in the rear come finals time. It simply always, always happens, and my experience fanboying over other corps just doesn’t compare at all.

With BD we know that in June we’re only staring at a chunk of marble; by the end of the season they’ll have made Venus de Metamorph out of a show that started out as a barebones, disconnected mess. That’s simply how their process works.

So what you’re sensing from our excitement is probably us projecting, based on how the skeleton currently looks. We are comparing this Laramie performance to family day performances of years past. And on that spectrum… Yeah, this is going to be a beast. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Even the corps members don’t know what else is getting added until it happens. BD has a very different teaching style compared to the other corps my mm has been in. But they obviously have a method to their madness. 

Edited by lyndakay27
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, craiga said:

Chief, I'm glad you think so ...but how in the heck did you see a video?? They have been extremely careful in that regard.

My son is part of that DCI Performers Secret Society where they share vids amongst each other on private sites. So we watched it last night. Boston is for real. Are they ready for my beloved Devils................we will see. But Boston isn't messing around i will tell you that. 

I will try to PM you the Boston link so you can see for yourself. Give me some time though. I am currently at Gold's rehearsal watching my son. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, saxfreq1128 said:

LOL. I know we seem crazy. Clearly this show is not coherent — yet. It’s not that we’re experts on the outcome, we just [Sam Hinkie voice] trust the process. Twice bitten, etc etc. Hardcore BD fans in their modern era have learned the hard way that doubting the pre-season product will bite you in the rear come finals time. It simply always, always happens, and my experience fanboying over other corps just doesn’t compare at all.

With BD we know that in June we’re only staring at a chunk of marble; by the end of the season they’ll have made Venus de Metamorph out of a show that started out as a barebones, disconnected mess. That’s simply how their process works.

So what you’re sensing from our excitement is probably us projecting, based on how the skeleton currently looks. We are comparing this Laramie performance to family day performances of years past. And on that spectrum… Yeah, this is going to be a beast. 

Keep preaching brother. Well said. 

I know in 2015 when i first saw INK at the family day, i thought BD was in trouble, not taking into account that was just a raw turkey they put on the field that night. By August, it was a Thanksgiving meal.

I should have known better to NEVER doubt my beloved Devils.........but even sometimes us hardcore BD Honks have to be reminded to never underestimate the big dog who runs the yard.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Poppycock said:

I got an entirely different vibe!

IDK, Poppy I am going to have to pushback on this one. That Boston show is no joke. I am not saying gold medal worthy, cause the season hasn't kicked off and i haven't seen everyone. But they are for real. 

It's funny cause normally we agree 99% of the time. I guess this is the 1% for 2022 lol. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

It’s just good hearted fandom fun. And like this every pre-season. All corps camps are always wonderful, talent better than before, show great, moving up in the standings for sure. No one really knows until competition starts. And then, none of us knows much in any sort of objective way until San Antonio.

The only thing more predictable is that Hook’em will forecast the Cavies taking gold.

• Like 4