BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

12 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s what

That’s  why you need to wait to see how it looks collectively. 

Exactly. and it's obvious the fitting needed work too on some of the members. Maybe they shot it video before any tailoring adjustment, which in video they were doing fittings. However i wont say it's one of my favorite look though, waiting to see the entire group in them this weekend.

• Like 1

I like the uniforms. I think they will look sharp on the field. I am looking forward to seeing all the shades of Blue that this show will bring, and of course I can't wait to see the total show. My guess is that Blue Devils will do a somewhat slow roll-out of the show as they slowly add all the elements until it all comes together. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That was so funny.  I still laugh. 

I was on the floor rolling last night 🤣

• Haha 1

On 6/19/2022 at 4:38 PM, Vidal28Rdg said:

Probably worth more looking into with this claim👀 the “ballad of the year” crown is always stiff with competition

eh. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

... not the greatest look, TBH.  Extending piping onto the shoulders just makes everyone look frumpy - wide and short.  Bottom layer is ok, but honestly, for as innovative as BD can be sometimes, this is pretty much the same look they've sported since 2017.  

Mike

• Like 5

I suspend judgement on the uniforms until we see the full effect Saturday night. They are produced for the effect from a distance not for individual closeups. If you’ve ever seen a theater performer close up, the stage make up looks over the top. But that’s what Is needed to look good when viewed from the audience. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, lyndakay27 said:

I suspend judgement on the uniforms until we see the full effect Saturday night. They are produced for the effect from a distance not for individual closeups. If you’ve ever seen a theater performer close up, the stage make up looks over the top. But that’s what Is needed to look good when viewed from the audience. 

That is why they started taking all the ornate stuff off of uniform jackets during my marching time.   All the sleeve embroidery, epaulets, buttons, stuff like that.  It didn’t have any affect visually. 

• Like 3