BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

I think it’s quite likely that the jackets will be only used for several minutes of the show before they get hung up on some hangers to reveal something else underneath

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lyndakay27 said:

I know the uniform secret! But I can't tell. 🙂 

lemme guess …… it’s blue.

am i close?

• Haha 5

At 46 pages, this corps-dedicated discussion is by far the most posted. Didn’t that used to be a Cadets thing?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

At 46 pages, this corps-dedicated discussion is by far the most posted. Didn’t that used to be a Cadets thing?

Just a hunch, but if you were to do demographics on the typical DCP user, it'd be male, 50+ years old, lives in PA or another eastern state and is primarily a Cadets fan. I'm batting .500. I don't think I can pass for 25 anymore. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjoakes said:

No doubt it was. I think there is a lot of interest in the Blue Devils this year primarily because they did win the last championship and also because they have not fielded a show in 2 years. Despite how much I loved the Cadets show last year during a short exhibition season I think Cadets posts are quite a bit less because people are not sure what to expect as they try to rebound from their lowest placement (9th in 2019) since 1980. I am personally very excited to see everyone, but I think Blue Devils (who have been so innovative and always so sound in all captions) are drawing a lot of intrigue. And admittedly I am very interested to see where BD goes this year. As of now this show excites me. I have not seen anything but the concept seems very cool to me and I can't wait to see them. Of course, now that I got a taste of that Phantom Regiment brass line last night I am super pumped to see them too. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Well, we could re-post GH's rants & ravings that's he's been posting on FB about all of the decisions being made by the current administration of The Cadets.  It's a sight to behold; but probably should just 'leave it be'.
:whistle:  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I think it’s quite likely that the jackets will be only used for several minutes of the show before they get hung up on some hangers to reveal something else underneath

first three minutes

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

I remember years ago on here that the BD faithful were very few in number and not very vocal. I myself when I first became a DCI fan was not much of a BD fan, but their style very slowly grew on me and I came to find them to have the most exciting ensemble sound of any corps - no other corps seems to have the sparkle in their sound that they do.

Anyways, I think DCP becoming less hostile towards their avant-garde style to show design (partially because so many other corps have now joined in, partially because BD has moved a little bit back into the more classic style after 2013) has also contributed to the increase in the BD faithful and how vocal they are

I've been gone for pretty much the entire offseason, but glad to see the BD community so strong on here

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I remember years ago on here that the BD faithful were very few in number and not very vocal. I myself when I first became a DCI fan was not much of a BD fan, but their style very slowly grew on me and I came to find them to have the most exciting ensemble sound of any corps - no other corps seems to have the sparkle in their sound that they do.

Anyways, I think DCP becoming less hostile towards their avant-garde style to show design (partially because so many other corps have now joined in, partially because BD has moved a little bit back into the more classic style after 2013) has also contributed to the increase in the BD faithful and how vocal they are

I've been gone for pretty much the entire offseason, but glad to see the BD community so strong on here

I’m an impartial observer.  I like everyone.   

• Like 2