BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

5 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

If I had a dollar for every time this was said about a BD show I could pay someone's tour fees. I don't think people know what demand is anymore. 

I agree some people don't know what demand is anymore and get score for it.

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

I agree some people don't know what demand is anymore and get score for it.

Glad we have your expertise to tell us! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I'll be honest, the show doesn't really capture me until the ballad and beyond. Was hoping for a lot more energy from the Cowboy Bebop piece. This show feels like the way the 2018 show felt to me when I first saw/heard it. Hope to be wrong! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I'll be honest, the show doesn't really capture me until the ballad and beyond. Was hoping for a lot more energy from the Cowboy Bebop piece. This show feels like the way the 2018 show felt to me when I first saw/heard it. Hope to be wrong! 

I echoed your sentiments at first watch few days ago. But after re watching, i can see where's it going, and i think it's going to be really good. This community presentation is like a half cooked meal, and they gave out a taste while it's still cooking. I am not even referring to August completed show. It's definitely a diamond in the rough or, rather a Sapphire in the rough. They will definitely work on that opener and everything else in the show, i see a lot of work though!

My observation of BD approach to their process in getting the show right, always amazes me, and gave me that confidence in their ability years ago, to pull it all together. In the presentation they are more relaxed and just giving a show, a taste as i said above, to tell the host/community thank you. I think they will look quite different Saturday, hence saying That Bebop piece will be more energized during competition within the season, I wish it was longer though. I noticed this long ago, the energy they start the season with, is different than the energy they exudes further down in the season to finals.

The kids are already confident and seem to love the show, and that matters a lot too. I have no doubt they will uplift it and perform the heck out of it!

#SapphireSummer

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

You know you are on the top when everything is dissected about you. I'm sure a lot of corps would love to be in that position. 

I agree, but I will assert that the top 8 corps at least have everything dissected about them. I know I'm critical of some aspects of all the corps. I personally try to find the good and bad in every show. 

It's good that all these corps are in a conversation, right?

3 hours ago, pbeau said:

Scott Chandler has a formula and he’s sticking to it.

Sounds like a BD show to me...

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Glad we have your expertise to tell us! 

Indeed.  Common sense is a super power these days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lyndakay27 said:

Anyone know what the languages are saying? 

It's the Yeats poem. 

• Like 3

2011 I was scratching my head at family day performance. What the hell are those cube shape objects on the field.  Yeah I was not impressed at all. By August it was freaking amazing. The same designers and mostly instructors are doing this still in 2022 and I have no doubt this will all gel together down the road. Some people expect to be blown away from early on. The foundation is there all is left is the construction. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1