BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

TheTM

Oh, I know. So, Off Topic for a second:

Everyone is killing us today on the trade mark. What was really granted to them was not a trademark of the word "The" but when it precedes Ohio State University and specifically in marketing and merchandising. For years everyone and their brother sold OSU, Ohio State apparel to make a profit off the school. Most people got the story wrong, but in the end they trademarked "The" only when used prior to Ohio State University. Some thought it had to do with other state universities here in Ohio but this is not the case. Sadly most people will just think they are being pompous with their nose in the air. 

And now back to the Bluuuuue Devils!

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I have a beautiful USC Trojan ball cap in my house for you Ms. Terri if you ever want to trade up lol. 

Naw, I’m sure Terri covets my block “M” Harbaugh cap! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Naw, I’m sure Terri covets my block “M” Harbaugh cap! 

LMAO!

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

Oh, I know. So, Off Topic for a second:

Everyone is killing us today on the trade mark. What was really granted to them was not a trademark of the word "The" but when it precedes Ohio State University and specifically in marketing and merchandising. For years everyone and their brother sold OSU, Ohio State apparel to make a profit off the school. Most people got the story wrong, but in the end they trademarked "The" only when used prior to Ohio State University. Some thought it had to do with other state universities here in Ohio but this is not the case. Sadly most people will just think they are being pompous with their nose in the air. 

And now back to the Bluuuuue Devils!

Not at all a bad thing for OSU to do. But it is definitely make-fun worthy.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, craiga said:

I was able to watch this video TWICE before it was taken down.  My opinion of BD 2022? Well, brace yourself Chief Guns....I like this show! Of course there are some clarity issues and the guard book looks unfinished, but I like the music and I do not see them finishing out of the top three. Also, best wishes to Zak in the hornline and Anne in the drumline!

(which vid got posted, wyoming preview?)

4 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I'm  not really sure, but i5 was a fairly large crowd and based on what they were wearing, it definitely looked more like Wyoming than California.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Yes. The Wyoming show. It was up until a couple of hours ago. Over 7000 in the crowd! Which I thought was fabulous for an area that probably doesn't have a lot of drum corps exposure. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Yup

1 hour ago, lyndakay27 said:

Yes. The Wyoming show. It was up until a couple of hours ago. Over 7000 in the crowd! Which I thought was fabulous for an area that probably doesn't have a lot of drum corps exposure. 

That's freaking awesome! I wouldn't be surprised if we have DCI shows that don't bring in that many people. 

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 1