BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

3 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Agree. You don't have to be Madison 1995 where the crowd was throwing babies to be entertaining. In the 2000s the only years where it seemed the fans did not give BD much crowd live were 2009, 2010, 2012, and 2013. Maybe 2008. I certainly like all those shows, but in general they were not baby throwing shows; but then again most DCI shows are not baby throwing shows. But from 2014 - 2019 BD was VERY entertaining. And they are again in 2022. And from 2000 to 2007 they were plenty entertaining. 

I personally think 2008 was very much a baby throwing show, but it got overshadowed by an even more exciting show that year. The closer for 2008 especially was electric. I agree 2009, 2010, 2012, and 2013 weren’t the most exciting for the average viewer 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I gotta admit I think it would be extremely cool if BAC took the Sanford this year BUT — it’s almost scary how quickly BD’s line has gotten clean. There are lot recordings of them 3 days apart that are night and day. And it seems they’re the section with the least # of BD vets this summer. Just such an impressive group. The whole corps, really. 

I think a couple of the BD360 videos have touched on how moldable and talented this year’s members are 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I think a couple of the BD360 videos have touched on how moldable and talented this year’s members are 

I noticed Brandon Olander in a couple of vids working with the battery. I hope one day in the future, Brandon is ScoJo's successor, whenever he decides to retire. 

• Like 3

Just now, Chief Guns said:

I noticed Brandon Olander in a couple of vids working with the battery. I hope one day in the future, Brandon is ScoJo's successor, whenever he decides to retire. 

a short king guiding a snare line of short princes, I love it

• Like 2

Just now, saxfreq1128 said:

a short king guiding a snare line of short princes, I love it

Keep preaching brother. 

48 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I personally think 2008 was very much a baby throwing show, but it got overshadowed by an even more exciting show that year. The closer for 2008 especially was electric. I agree 2009, 2010, 2012, and 2013 weren’t the most exciting for the average viewer 

Agree. Personally I enjoyed the 2008 show. That was also the year you could see a real change in their approach to visual vs 2007. A "risky" show for sure and the ending was great. Saw them live in Massillon, OH that year and very much enjoyed it. Did not think there was any way they could be caught by anyone. But Kudos to Phantom at Finals. 

• Like 2

Excuse my loudness up in this!!! Listen!!!... Good day BD nation 😄. Today is the Fkg day! I'm here for it today! Competition heats up, with West VS East and all in-between.

Blue Devils derserves all the hype we can give. It doesn't matter if they win tonight or not... wait a minute! Um.. ooops! I Meeaan, it DOES matter that they beat all their ##### tonight... Lmao. 🤣, you know i'm just joking with that tone, or.... maybe not ? 🤔 In all seriousness i mean all corps well tonight.. i like all of them and i want all to bring it 100% give us a dam show, we want to be entertained, But you know i Champ BD all the way.

Great show tonight Blue Devils you do derseve to beat their #####, oops i mean... um.. i wish you the win tonight. Lol. If not tonight, then regionals, if not then Most definitely finals.

BLUE SMOOOOOKE!

DO IT UP DEVILS

😈

• Like 5

In my weekly email to FloMarching, with suggestions on how to better capture the BD performances, i alerted them that the title card shows BD “C”, and that they need to change this. Hopefully tonight we get a correct title card.  Now, if they can just find that Moon River soloist at the START of the song…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I haven't done this in over three years.................but now is the time................................

HELL IS EMPTY AND THE DEVILS ARE HERE! SHOWTIME! DO IT UP DEVILS!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I haven't done this in over three years.................but now is the time................................

HELL IS EMPTY AND THE DEVILS ARE HERE! SHOWTIME! DO IT UP DEVILS!

Boy, does that sound good!

• Like 2