BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

30 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

Yes, not their best. Looked stronger in CO the other day. BUT...so many are ragging on the guard for being "rough," but oh, please. I thought they looked much stronger in some areas, with some very standout drops. Why were those so noticeable? Their work is so exposed. It occurred to me last night that the weapons especially are doing a lot of hard stuff while on the move. That hasn't been done as much lately. It's been more of the plant in spot and do work with dance. So when someone drops, you REALLY see it.

Boston, Crown and Bloo dropped as well, but often times when the whole design didn't put the emphasis on them.

And it didn’t help that some of those drops took some really unlucky bounces to where they had to chase down the rifle. But BD does some tough elements. And they have some great dancers doing some not easy dance moves. I even saw some great ballet moves out of the brass. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

Thanks, but I definitely have my days where logic is missing in action. Also, I don't know how you felt about last night but I didn't think BD had their best stuff last night. It was still amazing, but I am sure the heat played a part and they seemed off in some areas. That is not a good sign for the other corps. It will take a lot to beat Blue Devils this year. 

I definitely don’t think BD had their best run. The guard was very off and the hornline had some intonation issues. That’s why I was pleasantly surprised by their score 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, lyndakay27 said:

And it didn’t help that some of those drops took some really unlucky bounces to where they had to chase down the rifle. But BD does some tough elements. And they have some great dancers doing some not easy dance moves. I even saw some great ballet moves out of the brass. 

Their dance and movement overall (including the horns) is next-level and untouchable. And I've always felt their guard writing and sense of joy with which they perform it is simply the best. The judges started favoring the toss-fest guards in recent years, but BD has responded by adding more equipment work, so as they continue cleaning, look out.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

I usually ignore posts from folks who think BD has the judges in their back pocket. What these people are really saying is this: BD must need help, so they go and payoff judges because they know the corps is not very good. 

Yet, time and again in performance captions alone (the more objective captions) the Blue Devils are typically top 3 in brass, percussion, guard, and visual execution. They get the rare year where their brass is out of the top 3 (like 2019), but they worked around that by being super strong in other captions. But most of the time they are top 3 in performance captions. 

The judges notice that and so do most fans. It's not hard to see. So if a corps is top 3 in performance captions most years and the other corps have a caption or two where they are weaker then it makes sense BD will score higher more times than not. If this is the case then why would they need the help of the judges. 

You got alot of nerve coming around here speaking logic and common sense. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Welp! Lol... Entertainment unlimited.. :spitting:

When people criticized, i often realized they do not use common sense, or they just don't know how to really be analytical and fair. Blue Devils have been strong all across captions for years, hence why they have such a high success rate with their shows and placement. They are not perfect, but they strong. I could spend hours arguing and dissecting all the details why. But it is not needed, since it will still not be satisfactory for those some selective who just think BD is the worst, and should be placed last even if they have the best design, or performance, all in their feelings of " We are tired of BD winning". They say this clearly every year, only to keep repeating that same song. Yet BD doesn't not win every year but they sure make it feel as such. Doesn't matter what they (BD) does, they will just not be good enough in those persons eyes.. Guess what though, they have all rights to dislike and disagree.. On that note i don't blame them.

• Like 3

Thanks to @BlueStainGlass for posting this over in Broken Arrow Thread. See below. No idea who Gabe Trotter is, but I think we found the leader of the ABBD Movement. The fact that he had to get his mind and body ready to argue about a show performed by some kids tells me exactly where he is in life.................which is not very far. 

I hope Gabe Trotter is here for this take of his on DCP FB 

Lmao. Shoutout BD for moving like 4 times in their show. Every other corps is out there working hard while BD stands still for 10 minutes and waits for the judges to hand them a ring. They dance from amorphous blob to amorphous blob and then stand for 45 seconds to play their horns. The “epic” ending to the show is them marching at like 120 bpm for a minte and a half. The arrangement of moon river is too much. They tried to add too much to it and it comes out as a hot mess. No amount of good players can fix an arrangement that sounds like someone’s cat ran across their keyboard and they decided to just go with it. Before any of you try to hit me with the “wElL tHe JuDgEs SeEm To DiSaGrEe” I don’t care. If you watched that show and legitimately thought it was two points better than any other corps that performed you’re delusional. They could go out and sit on the ground in silence the whole time and some of y’all would still be saying it’s “genius” or “revolutionary”. Stop letting the judges scoresheet tell you what is good and what isn’t. If their name didn’t carry as much weight as it does they would be getting railed by everyone on this page and at every competition they went to.about how the show is mind numbingly easy. I have fully prepared my mind and body for the comment section so bring it on.

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Thanks to @BlueStainGlass for posting this over in Broken Arrow Thread. See below. No idea who Gabe Trotter is, but I think we found the leader of the ABBD Movement. The fact that he had to get his mind and body ready to argue about a show performed by some kids tells me exactly where he is in life.................which is not very far. 

Lmao. Shoutout BD for moving like 4 times in their show. Every other corps is out there working hard while BD stands still for 10 minutes and waits for the judges to hand them a ring. They dance from amorphous blob to amorphous blob and then stand for 45 seconds to play their horns. The “epic” ending to the show is them marching at like 120 bpm for a minte and a half. The arrangement of moon river is too much. They tried to add too much to it and it comes out as a hot mess. No amount of good players can fix an arrangement that sounds like someone’s cat ran across their keyboard and they decided to just go with it. Before any of you try to hit me with the “wElL tHe JuDgEs SeEm To DiSaGrEe” I don’t care. If you watched that show and legitimately thought it was two points better than any other corps that performed you’re delusional. They could go out and sit on the ground in silence the whole time and some of y’all would still be saying it’s “genius” or “revolutionary”. Stop letting the judges scoresheet tell you what is good and what isn’t. If their name didn’t carry as much weight as it does they would be getting railed by everyone on this page and at every competition they went to.about how the show is mind numbingly easy. I have fully prepared my mind and body for the comment section so bring it on.

Omg. What was he watching? 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I hope he's fully prepared to realized he's an IDIOT! Can't argue with a blatant ABBD fool. :laughing:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lyndakay27 said:

He's a music ed major in Florida. I think he's a BAC fan. 

Ok. Doesn't mean he's smart though. His ranting alone is telling... LOL

• Like 2