BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

They’ve taken 3 water breaks in the time I’ve been here (about an hour). Definitely taking care of this corps. 

Corps just nailed Tank again and staff is loving it. Percussion had a very tight run 

• Like 6

The final chord of tank is sinister. That’s the word to describe it, in the best way. It reminds me of the final chord of Dies Irae in 2015 Crown (before Crown’s brass staff ruined the musicality of it by writing in a bunch of runs into the chord) 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Nobody and I mean NOBODY..................does straight lines like BD. 

So true... I marvel evwrytime they do straight rotating lines in any show they put out

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

They’ve taken 3 water breaks in the time I’ve been here (about an hour). Definitely taking care of this corps. 

Corps just nailed Tank again and staff is loving it. Percussion had a very tight run 

That's great to hear. Do you think they have a shot at winning The Sanford ?

BD seems to always put massive amounts of drill/marching and playing in the closer, just to show everyone that yes, we can do this better than the rest of you guys too. Love it. Hornline has upped the intensity of the closer a ton

Staff just complimented how amazing this corps looks and sounds despite how young they are. They recognize it too. Corps is resetting for a full run now 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

That's great to hear. Do you think they have a shot at winning The Sanford ?

I’m honestly not a percussion guy but even I can recognize the demand they’re putting on this percussion. The front ensemble (especially the drumset guy, im seriously his biggest fan) sets the mood so well and the battery has more exposed moments than everyone other than SCV. 

I won’t say they will win it, but they certainly have a shot at it and have topped everyone else in percussion multiple times this year 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

So true... I marvel evwrytime they do straight rotating lines in any show they put out

It's been eight years and I am still all fan girl over those three straight lines in the Gordon Goodwin jazz section of Felliniesque. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

It's been eight years and I am still all fan girl over those three straight lines in the Gordon Goodwin jazz section of Felliniesque. 

Lol 🤣 Chief said, " fan girl"....😁 I am with you on that my brother. They gives goose bumps, and Awesome awwwww, just spectacular straight lines.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I’m honestly not a percussion guy but even I can recognize the demand they’re putting on this percussion. The front ensemble (especially the drumset guy, im seriously his biggest fan) sets the mood so well and the battery has more exposed moments than everyone other than SCV. 

I won’t say they will win it, but they certainly have a shot at it and have topped everyone else in percussion multiple times this year 

I am with you on that... they are going to win few captions for sure.

The corps just finished up the final run. The intensity or the closer has been turned up a thousand times over, the only corps that’s going to get close to them in volume is Crown

i know no one outside of the bd kingdom wants to hear it, but I think they have #20 coming very soon 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1