BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

19 minutes ago, Quad Aces said:

Congrats to BD on another championship!  I have been around this activity for a long, long time, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for them.  They win - a lot.  And better yet, everything they do they do with excellence.

However, IMHO, I feel their show designs have gotten very formulaic - and therefore stale and boring.  It feels like it’s the same show every year lately, with just a different show title.

Again, always excellent, and congrats on the win.  But here’s hoping for something new from BD in 2023.

Garbage post.  Why bother?  Move on, clown.  

• Like 4

BD NATION Listen! I learned this year how fearless and resilient we are. I love this BD nation spirit and fierceness. I really am proud how we handle ourselves this season. I have never felt such bonds and community spirit amongst us without spelling it out, we be about it and just say. Most of all, most of us were classy and show great sportsmanship. Keep that going. We won because we knows how to fight and still be cool and collected.

• Like 6

I gotta say, Chief Guns and theonlyfizzle - you guys are class acts.  You respected my difference of opinion in show design (but embraced my compliments of BD).  Unlike the nonsense/garbage/vitriol I’m getting from others for the exact same post in the Finals thread.

I’d like to buy you guys a beer someday!

Congrats again on Number 20!  And Chief, congrats to your son - Gold had an outstanding season, and best of luck to him in his future!

• Like 3

Feeling overwhelmingly proud for those kids. So young but so undeniable great, they carried the Blue Devils within themselves and embodied the very nature of this dynastic legacy. The way they've worked so hard, they came out on top, UNDEFEATED. They've pushed themselves to almost perfection, almost. They have proven to themselves first, and now to the world, who they are and what they are made up of. The kids Won.. not just BD but every single marching member from every corps this year. And yeah we also won, The fans.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Quad Aces said:

Congrats to BD on another championship!  I have been around this activity for a long, long time, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for them.  They win - a lot.  And better yet, everything they do they do with excellence.

However, IMHO, I feel their show designs have gotten very formulaic - and therefore stale and boring.  It feels like it’s the same show every year lately, with just a different show title.

Again, always excellent, and congrats on the win.  But here’s hoping for something new from BD in 2023.

rerun. meh/yawn

• Like 1

Congratulations to the Blue Devils for your 2022 DCI Title, and doing so in an undefeated fashion to boot.  You were strong across the board in all captions, and with a well designed and fully integrated show design among the 3 sections of Percussion, Brass, and Guard. Outstanding brass soloists.  Bravo BD. .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2