BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

6 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Alright listen I've been nothing but nice to BD all summer and now is my time to be hateful/mean.

What is this bull #### of hiding at IUPUI so that I can't sit in the horn circle in the lot. I want my face melted off like you did years ago! I expect this to be fixed by next year 😈

I used to sprint to the lower middle seats for their victory concerts like a groupie rushing the stage.  

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

@Cappybaracan you post our drinking haters tears pic for Ms Lynda and her daughter? I think it's appropriate for the moment. Lol.

9swbl76ciqf31.png?auto=webp&s=ccc002270e

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

with the season now behind us, i find myself returning to Tempus Blue multiple times per day. i have to be honest, early season i HATED this show. i thought it was bland, incoherent, boring, "cookie cutter BD", and worst of all, "playing to the judges." and i retained this mindset even when i saw it performed live in front of my own eyes at Corps Encore (although this was where i started to "see the light," if you will).

i didn't fully appreciate this show until Finals night, but through the entire finals performance i was captivated. everything from the hype opener, the earworm Carnival of Venice, the MAGNIFICENT ballad, TANK!, and the tearjerk closer, it all had me on the edge of my seat completely enthralled. don't even get me STARTED on the drill cleanliness. that pinwheel is unbelievable.

there is so much creativity, so much power and emotion in the show that i would be foolish to say it was undeserving of the win. i admit i was worried early season with a young corps, and the preseason performance being dirty (clean by preseason standards!) but by finals, it was perfect. 

this show is my favorite BD show of the past decade, if not of all time. it is so powerful, and on finals night the closer had me nearly crying from how beautiful it was. it is a testament to what the performers and staff can achieve, and an amazing example of why BD wins so often.

so, a huge congratulations to the Blue Devils on an amazing year. congrats to EVERY performer that worked so hard to learn and clean this show. congrats to the staff for building such a beautiful program.

thank you BD for a memory i will carry with me forever.

• Like 6

I really liked the show as a whole this year, definitely deserved to win, but my view about how little the brass played (trumpets at least) was just reinforced by watching the gopro trumpet cam vids that are appearing. Just watched a BD lead trumpet soloist cam and man, just so very little time spent playing the instrument 😞

Not sure if this has already been addressed, but what is the purpose of the blue puffy fabric that various guard members carried throughout the show?  

I have not read any sort-of show description, so I had no real idea what those meant. THANKS. 

• Like 1

Congratulations to the Blue Devils on becoming the 2022 DCI World Champions! People like to focus on this being the 20th Championship, but I would also add the fact that you also have never had a "bad" year.  It is an amazing history, and you won again, fair and square!

Please also know that your friends in Boston are working hard to reach your level of accomplishment.  We"re coming for ya,  and as supporters of an 82 year old drum corps, we're nothing if not patient!  😀  Have a great off season, and we'll see you guys next June!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, craiga said:

Congratulations to the Blue Devils on becoming the 2022 DCI World Champions! People like to focus on this being the 20th Championship, but I would also add the fact that you also have never had a "bad" year.  It is an amazing history, and you won again, fair and square!

Please also know that your friends in Boston are working hard to reach your level of accomplishment.  We"re coming for ya,  and as supporters of an 82 year old drum corps, we're nothing if not patient!  😀  Have a great off season, and we'll see you guys next June!

BAC has long been my second favorite corps.  I think BD/BAC is going to be a lot like Federer/Nadal for many years!

22 hours ago, Tony L. said:

Not sure if this has already been addressed, but what is the purpose of the blue puffy fabric that various guard members carried throughout the show?  

I have not read any sort-of show description, so I had no real idea what those meant. THANKS. 

“The blue and the dim and the dark cloths of night”? 

they made more sense to me than the pillowcase people in Metamorph, during Flight of the Bumblebee!  

• Like 2