BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

18 minutes ago, rideyourbike said:

My son sent us a 9-minute video about 10 days ago and an 11-minute video a few days ago.  A lot of changes and improvement from the 1st to to 2nd and I'm sure there is more to come.  This is his age-out year and 1st year with BD, which was his dream.  During our years watching the activity I have never been a big fan of BD shows at the start of the season, but they always grow on me and I'm a fan by the end.  My take so far this year is the same, but I'm sure it will grow on me much faster this year with parental bias 😀.

I think my son had pretty much decided last year to finish his drum corps journey with his prior corps, but as they were about to take the field at Indy last year for their final performance, a staffer and BD vet said in his ear "Go to Blue Devils, you can do it." and here we are.  While I of course hope they can win this year, I just hope they have a great season and people enjoy their show and are on their feet at the end.  That's what it has all been about for my son, but I'm sure a medal around his neck at the end would be the perfect ending for him.  It's been a lot of fun and we will miss it, but the next couple months are gonna be great!!!

Mine is first year with BD and an age-out as well. She's been very happy with how things have been going so far. I'll be watching on Flo as much as I can until I can see them at Night Beat. Hope there will be a few sneak peek videos on FB along the way. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, lyndakay27 said:

Mine is first year with BD and an age-out as well. She's been very happy with how things have been going so far. I'll be watching on Flo as much as I can until I can see them at Night Beat. Hope there will be a few sneak peek videos on FB along the way. 

I love these stories parents of current MMs provide. Keep 'em coming through the year, please. As rightfully proud as each of you must be, I don't think that will be a problem. 🙂

• Like 5

Mine was very excited to get a U Wyoming shirt because they are 'really cool.' I think the U Wyo experience was good for all of them. I believe it was great for corps bonding to all be in the same dorm vs spread across the Concord area. Food was included and easy to get to. The dining staff made the corps cupcakes with the BD graphic on them yesterday to say goodbye. I think everything went well for the corps and the university. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lyndakay27 said:

Something I done seen in that article that skipped my mind but opened my eyes wide is that they’re getting that “mile high” conditioning and acclimating to the high elevation, 2,000 feet higher even more than the famous mile high elevation in Denver, no doubt they’ll be booming and roaring in their return to the west coast soon!!👀👀👀

• Like 4

Just now, Vidal28Rdg said:

Something I done seen in that article that skipped my mind but opened my eyes wide is that they’re getting that “mile high” conditioning and acclimating to the high elevation, 2,000 feet higher even more than the famous mile high elevation in Denver, no doubt they’ll be booming and roaring in their return to the west coast soon!!👀👀👀

Also yes, someone please pass on a recording of the show too🙏🙏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Also yes, someone please pass on a recording of the show too🙏🙏

Yes. This. I was just informed that the deadline for having a kid who’d be able to join a corps and send me secret preseason clips was 20 years ago — so I’m depending on you all, my honorary kids. 

• Like 2

Anxiously awaiting a video drop as my searches are showing up dry at the moment.

Anyone?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

Anxiously awaiting a video drop as my searches are showing up dry at the moment.

Anyone?

Isn't the west time zone 2 and 3 hours behind.. wouldn't 9pm PC time is 11pm Ct and 12pm Est ?

Yes or No or sm i off with the timing now ?

Also for Chief's son.. GO GOLD! hope they had an amazing evening at their community's performance tonight.

And DO IT UP DEVILS.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 3