BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

10 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Dang i forgot about the Babylon ballad. Dang that was a good one!! You can't argue anything from Babylon lol. 

I might be more biased as a really close friend marched that year with them so It was extra special, but what a show that was top to bottom.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Dang i forgot about the Babylon ballad. Dang that was a good one!! You can't argue anything from Babylon lol. 

Probably worth more looking into with this claim👀 the “ballad of the year” crown is always stiff with competition

28 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Thanks for the lookout! You Da Man!

Of course my brother.... We are BD nation, and we just have to see whats going on with BD.. So we can hype and criticize before anyone else lol.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Except for 2019. That year's crown went to Cavies.

Agreed!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

JHC.  I’m sticking with my prediction.  Moon River is a luscious centerpiece of the show. 

Totally agree. Not even just the music, which is so beautifully arranged. The drill/movement is lovely. Kinda unexpectedly intense for a ballad! And *where* do they keep finding these incredible trombone soloists? 

Usually at this point in the season I’m thinking BD’s show has potential and that I won’t realize how good/difficult it is until they’re performing it better, that’s just how it’s gone since 2011 or so. But this season it’s already clear what a beast this show is going to be, and that has me very excited. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Great point! Actually for 2019, I will go with Cavies then BD, then Crown. 

But looking at ballads as a whole since 14, Devs got it. My opinion of course. 

Unstoppable brilliant ballads.. All of them since 14

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, raceman132 said:

What about SCV in '18? I would put that as the top ballad of the year.

True for 18, it was amazing for a slice of the cake, But BD takes the whole cake

2 minutes ago, lyndakay27 said:

In the video near the beginning,  I noticed two people on either side of the field in place with arms out as if they will be holding something. Wonder what that will be? 

I noticed that too.. I noticed a lot of place holdings, and yet the show bare bones is so strong

• Like 4