BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

16 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I was so proud of my Niners last year. Super excited for Trey Lance this year. 

This is the best time of the year. Drum Corps is back, and when it ends in August, football season is ramping up to kickoff in September! Nothing better.  

That’s when the Buckeye fanaticism starts at my house. 

• Like 3

I was able to watch this video TWICE before it was taken down.  My opinion of BD 2022? Well, brace yourself Chief Guns....I like this show! Of course there are some clarity issues and the guard book looks unfinished, but I like the music and I do not see them finishing out of the top three. Also, best wishes to Zak in the hornline and Anne in the drumline!

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

GO BUCKEYES! lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Welcome to the Microwave Society that we currently live in.

Everything has to be NOW! NOW! NOW!

I am a diehard San Francisco 49ers fan till the day I die. Reading some of the comments on our NinersNation community site is insane.

People expect these players nowadays to be first ballot Hall of Famers the night they are drafted, and when/if they struggle their rookie year, they are labeled bust. It's asinine.

No one is allowed to grow and develop anymore. You better be championship material day one, or Basement Dweller Bob and his buddy Keyboard Warrior Kevin are coming for you. 

Incidentally, Chief, I predict BD in top 3 too. There's a lot to like about the show.

The opening set and prop setup is really cool.  The brass sounds good, and then they still have the lead trumpets. It certainly sounds like a BD hornbook too.  I'm going to need to listen to this one a bit to fully appreciate what they're trying to do.

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

If I could post a photo on here, I’d show you the flag in my garage. 😂  and his office… 

Even worse being down in Florida, BUT I'm sure Florida has its share of displaced Midwestern and Eastern folks that display their favorite sports teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lyndakay27 said:

I think they are in better shape than most corps from a stamina perspective given a month of training at 7000 feet. Another big benefit to Wyoming. My MM said that the show will have the closer on Saturday, but it's very much as you said, an assembly of scenes with LOTS of interconnecting elements still missing. I'm excited to see the show-to-show changes and improvement. 

I agree. BD in recent years tends to do more of a slow roll out. Overall I like many elements of the show already. Many more elements to be added and of course they need to clean. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have a beautiful USC Trojan ball cap in my house for you Ms. Terri if you ever want to trade up lol. 

• Like 2

This "other corps" Collier piece will be so special when BD is finished with it.. Boom! I like how different it is, it's really beautiful and lush. It will definitely be remembered.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

GO BUCKEYES! lol

TheTM

• Like 1
  • Haha 2