BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

20 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

That's freaking awesome! I wouldn't be surprised if we have DCI shows that don't bring in that many people. 

With inflation high , and costs of things at record high , etc it’s an advantage to offer  free entertainment to the public these days . 

Edited by Boss Anova

3 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

I kinda find this show to be their weakest design in…I can’t remember. 

Personally, I’m just sort of getting tired of the template that they’ve pretty much reused every year since 2014. Don’t get wrong, the show will be great, and I definitely understand the thought process of “if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it,” but I would really enjoy something new and different from BD.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, college-phan said:

Personally, I’m just sort of getting tired of the template that they’ve pretty much reused every year since 2014. Don’t get wrong, the show will be great, and I definitely understand the thought process of “if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it,” but I would really enjoy something new and different from BD.

I thought 2019 was pretty fresh for them. A tremendous show top to bottom with some of the best use of props we have seen in a while. Bluecoats 2014 and 2016 was amazing too in terms of props. But BD felt very fresh to me last year. I do appreciate that they are not always trying to reinvent the wheel, but I also think this show will evolve a lot more than people think. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, college-phan said:

Ok I will bite.

How is Fellini the same as Ink?

How is Ink the same as Metamorph?

How is Metamorph the same as Ghostlight?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Ok I will bite.

How is Fellini the same as Ink?

How is Ink the same as Metamorph?

How is Metamorph the same as Ghostlight?

I do think the overall structure and approach has remained very similar. The shows definitely have had a consistent feel and flow to them that’s remained the same since 2014.  

And I personally don’t view that at all as a bad thing.  They have something that works really well and why mess with that?  They have a very distinct dna right now.  

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I thought 2019 was pretty fresh for them. A tremendous show top to bottom with some of the best use of props we have seen in a while. Bluecoats 2014 and 2016 was amazing too in terms of props. But BD felt very fresh to me last year. I do appreciate that they are not always trying to reinvent the wheel, but I also think this show will evolve a lot more than people think. 

The Ghostlight prop was well utilized.  And I hate props. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I do think the overall structure and approach has remained very similar. The shows definitely have had a consistent feel and flow to them that’s remained the same since 2014.  

And I personally don’t view that at all as a bad thing.  They have something that works really well and why mess with that?  They have a very distinct dna right now.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Cavaliers did in in the 2000’s and no one said diddly.  I don’t mean that as a criticism. They had a formula, and it worked.   I liked them. 2002 is a favorite of mine. 

No doubt. The Cavaliers had a formula that worked very well for a bunch of years from 1998 - 2008. Some people brought it up, but in the end they were successful and their shows were fun and well designed. It is very difficult to scrap everything and reinvent the wheel every year. Not saying it cannot be done, but it is difficult. 

• Like 2