BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

2 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

I would go even further. No more practices the rest of the season. 😜

Yes... take them all to the beach or the mall or wherever....someplace... any place... just not a practice field( ...haha )

Edited by Boss Anova

So the new one is BD wins because they have 3-4 days off prior to regionals. Could have sworn BD performed at Broken Arrow on Tuesday and last night in Houston just like the other Big Dogs. 

Doesn't BD always perform at Hattiesburg, then a couple nights later in Murfreesboro the night before the Atlanta Regional, just like they are doing next week? 

I swear the things people come up with just to push their BD narrative lol. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

So the new one is BD wins because they have 3-4 days off prior to regionals. Could have sworn BD performed at Broken Arrow on Tuesday and last night in Houston just like the other Big Dogs. 

Doesn't BD always perform at Hattiesburg, then a couple nights later in Murfreesboro the night before the Atlanta Regional, just like they are doing next week? 

I swear the things people come up with just to push their BD narrative lol. 

if you're referring to BossAnova and myself, we're kidding. Hoping if you take enough days off, you'll get rusty or something. lol

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

if you're referring to BossAnova and myself, we're kidding. Hoping if you take enough days off, you'll get rusty or something. lol

Oh no brother not you guys lol. Just some stuff that's being spewed over in the Crown thread which is completely false lol. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It's always fun - and educational - to contemplate why Devils win so much. When I marched in 1977 I remember just how hard - really hard - we worked. 

Years later when I was just out of grad school and starting a career as a music educator and composer in Maine I spent several season as Blue Devils equipment manager. During that time I asked Mike Moxley what it felt like the night of that first championship in 1976. His memory was of drill designer Mel Stratton telling him "you know, someday these other guys are going to figure out how to do this" - as a way of bringing reality to the discussion.

After watching the high camera view of the top 7 corps - having just got off work - and thinking with my "structural composer cap" on I'd hazard my own opinion that almost all corps do a "version" of a song that is then marched .... Devils do a "marching version", considering the complete experience of the listener and the full emotional potential of both the content and performer.

I think Boston is figuring it out. SCV has in the past. Blooo has in the past but not this year .... no one else.

t least that's what I think tonight.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Something to keep an eye on as we head towards finals in a few weeks. 

Since 2007 when BD started this historic run of top two finishes..............tonight is BDs 3rd highest score at the San Antonio Regional. Only 2008 and 2010 scored higher. 

2008 92.375 1st Place

2010 92.300 1st Place

2022 92.175 1st Place

• Thanks 2