BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

1 hour ago, lyndakay27 said:

They are asking anyone who comes to a rehearsal to stay away from all members and staff. Once in Indy, the only rehearsal open will be wed night. No visitors or family can come to their hotel. 

Is their rehearsal on Wednesday still at Avon? If so, I will be there, with a mask on and far away from any staff or marchers 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Anyone know if BD is locking down the corps a la Boston? These continued corps outbreaks are making me nervous. 

No, but read the Cavies new protocols...not locked down as much as BAC, but still trying to be cautious.  Only visitors are allowed at outdoor field rehearsals, in stands, no less than 10 ft distancing from individuals in the corps, and all masked.  Other protocols limit access in other spaces and at shows.  Know they don't like having to do so, but definitely understandable for corps to implement these protocols.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lyndakay27 said:

Ben Davis High School
1200 North Girl's School Rd.

i think it starts at 7. 

Thank you! I will probably confirm the time with you one more time just a couple days before the rehearsal! 

• Like 1

I’m already liking the new ending better. They also adjusted the position of the props in the end. Nice!

• Like 3

One thing I’ve been waiting for them to fix in the closer is the bit where the flags spread out by walking up and down the stairs. They just hold the flag still during it and it looks like people trying not to fall off a flight of stairs.

However, in 2019 it seemed like there was a similar moment on the long platform at the end that was an equipment work dead spot until the season was almost over. So, hoping something is still to come!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

One thing I’ve been waiting for them to fix in the closer is the bit where the flags spread out by walking up and down the stairs. They just hold the flag still during it and it looks like people trying not to fall off a flight of stairs.

However, in 2019 it seemed like there was a similar moment on the long platform at the end that was an equipment work dead spot until the season was almost over. So, hoping something is still to come!

I always thought that maybe they wanted to highlight the forward movement on their representation of a “timeline” (aka the stairs/props) and maybe doing flag work whilst doing so may blur that effect? But who knows. Haha

• Like 1