BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

Just now, Cappybara said:

Mesmerized by how quickly the staff in the box picks up the smallest of mistakes. Guard tech was able to point out exactly why there was a little bit of fuzz in the flag work in the opener and gave explicit and clear instructions on how to fix it. Brass sounded great, staff wants hornline to continue working to make sure no feet are heard during the long sustained chords in the opener. Staff are really focusing on performance intensity (maintaining volume through the chords, throwing the jackets more chaotically for better visual chaos in the visual opening moment, etc)

hell yes to “throwing jackets more chaotically” 

• Haha 3

For the section that I fondly call “the screaming mellos,” wow the intonation is PERFECT. In such a high register, it’s incredible 

Just in general lots of nitpicking of small details, but that’s why they WIN. 

Side note, disappointed that so many in the audience don’t have masks on, despite the corps asking for it. Not surprised, because we’re in Indiana and the concept of caring for others is lost by most in this state, but disappointing nonetheless. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

oh heck yes.  My month in Ft. Wayne with dad I was agog with the amount of masklessness.  Somehow neither me nor my dad have had this yet though.

And yeah those nitpicks are generally all rehersals are at this point.  2000 when I got to see SCV rehearse a bit before semis, it was just running bits of the Adagio for Strings for working on the various layers of melody between the lines entering and flowing smoothly.   It was interesting to see how they'd pick up on things and just work on the smallest details. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

oh heck yes.  My month in Ft. Wayne with dad I was agog with the amount of masklessness.  Somehow neither me nor my dad have had this yet though.

And yeah those nitpicks are generally all rehersals are at this point.  2000 when I got to see SCV rehearse a bit before semis, it was just running bits of the Adagio for Strings for working on the various layers of melody between the lines entering and flowing smoothly.   It was interesting to see how they'd pick up on things and just work on the smallest details. 

i cannot tell you how jealous i am of anyone who got to see scv 2000 live ………… or BD 2000 live for that matter! And dont get me started on 99

• Like 1

They’ve toned down the trombone’s mix quite a bit from when I saw them in Atlanta. I personally loved hearing the trombone cutting through but I know a lot of people were not a fan of that. Working on pitch and melodic shaping during Moon River. Soloists have a lot of environmental challenges here, still working on small little timing issues. More talk of intensity and when to turn it up

The electronics guys do not have an easy job during these rehearsals having to reset to different sections quickly and often, very impressive the range of equipment all corps’ electronics crews have to handle 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Rotating line is clean as a whistle. Going to be a stunner at finals 

Nobody and I mean NOBODY..................does straight lines like BD. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Seeing ScoJo casually walk around is hilarious to me for some reason 

it’s a highlight of every lot video and every performance recorded from the stands that’s close up enough to see the staff … Just … ScoJo. Walking around. ManMythLegend. Cool as a cucumber. 

• Like 2