Uniforms

3 hours ago, Hamburgler said:

What a bunch of malarkey. The kids don’t choose what they wear for the performance. 

So we are supposed to believe that kids join a group activity of over 150 other kids because they value individualism and have a “look at me attitude?” Get out of here with that. 

You can lament the turn away from traditional uniforms, fine. That’s an opinion, you can have one even though nobody cares. However, blaming the kids and worse, making these types of generalizations about their character because of this is far off the mark. Do better. 

I'm not blaming the kids. Everything goes back to leadership, or lack thereof. With regards to the original topic of uniforms, a couple of things; 

1. I would love to see drum corps return to going with a uniform for 5+ seasons. This is how you establish an identity and following.  

2. Who thought it was a good idea to stop wearing hats-helmets-shakos-ausies, etc? The headpiece completes the uniform. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TenHut said:

2. Who thought it was a good idea to stop wearing hats-helmets-shakos-ausies, etc? The headpiece completes the uniform. 

Blame a drummer most likely. 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Rudy Wiedoeft said:

You must mean... Who was that corps with the amazing brass sound??

Could be a number of corps… just sayin’

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Blame a drummer most likely. 

Though I do miss the ever beloved 1980's "Shako Shake." Imagine the shake added to the now standard "48 inch, 16 count, super whack-a-mole ghost flams." Epic I tell you...simply epic.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Have to admit that I anticipate the start of each season with the photo release of the outrageous ridiculous garb that the “pageantry leeches” have come up with.  There’s been more than a few doozies. 

I mean I have seen a few for sure. It has only led me to further my insistence that spandex is evil. Or maybe it's just that I am old and getting fat and just wouldn't look as good in it as I did when I was 20. 

I get where people are coming from, I truly do. The traditional garb always made you know exactly who you were watching. That's nostalgic and of course I love it because it's what I grew up watching and later grew up marching in. I especially always loved the Troopers and 27th. But that being said, it's a uniform. As in...they all are wearing the same thing. It's not like I'm seeing ripped baggy jeans and t-shirts. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I mean I have seen a few for sure. It has only led me to further my insistence that spandex is evil. Or maybe it's just that I am old and getting fat and just wouldn't look as good in it as I did when I was 20. 

I get where people are coming from, I truly do. The traditional garb always made you know exactly who you were watching. That's nostalgic and of course I love it because it's what I grew up watching and later grew up marching in. I especially always loved the Troopers and 27th. But that being said, it's a uniform. As in...they all are wearing the same thing. It's not like I'm seeing ripped baggy jeans and t-shirts. 

Dont give them any ideas!

• Haha 2