DCA Back to Rochester in 2022

18 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

DCA after the first weekend snafu was better even if the corps themselves did the video. The only decision I questioned watching finals was CT’s call to film in daylight. You lost the uniforms into the field plus the camera was facing the sun

One of the basic rules of photography is to photo down-sun, not into the sun. Once I had that explained to me by people who do it seriously, my pictures became MUCH better. My guess is lens filters can solve some of those issues if you have the know-how and hardware, but you just don't want to do that with sun and the lens, period.

4 hours ago, BigW said:

One of the basic rules of photography is to photo down-sun, not into the sun. Once I had that explained to me by people who do it seriously, my pictures became MUCH better. My guess is lens filters can solve some of those issues if you have the know-how and hardware, but you just don't want to do that with sun and the lens, period.

well i was guessing logisitics and what was available made the call. heck Govies filmed in if not a drizzle, shortly after rain occured!

I am not sure how well DCA will do back in Rochester. It has been several more years since the Crusaders or Statesmen marched so they are less remembered now. Also DCA has lost many competing corps since last in  Rochester.   Most did not bring huge contingents with them but each corps bringing some fans added a little to the crowd.  I wonder if they will reinstate the hotel policy ?   I think Williamsport never got the economic impact they hoped for.  However there will probably be no corps day tripping to compete in Rochester so they may get some money into their hotels. 

17 hours ago, totaleefree said:

I am not sure how well DCA will do back in Rochester. It has been several more years since the Crusaders or Statesmen marched so they are less remembered now. Also DCA has lost many competing corps since last in  Rochester.   Most did not bring huge contingents with them but each corps bringing some fans added a little to the crowd.  I wonder if they will reinstate the hotel policy ?   I think Williamsport never got the economic impact they hoped for.  However there will probably be no corps day tripping to compete in Rochester so they may get some money into their hotels. 

Williamsport never got the crowd they hoped for. now 19 it didnt help with the weather change, but...well...cheapest bid wins

As a member of a competitive corps, I'm pretty excited to return to Rochester. Much better setup for the corps themselves...no hill to push pit equipment up, actual parking lot for busses instead of dusty gravel lot, separate warmup areas versus a group of corps all in one common area, nicer stadium, etc.

And I am NOT the only one...when the announcement was made during the Finals broadcast, everyone in our watch party burst out in cheers lol

Edited by MJVMusic

On 9/5/2021 at 11:35 PM, Jeff Ream said:

it was announced that DCA will be back to Rochester in 2022

I get to see Annie and Woody again!