Congrats to all the DCA Programs...

...that maneuvered through a tricky season all the way to Finals on Sunday night. 

I have to wonder if there is a hybrid model of some virtual shows and larger "regional" live shows for DCA seasons in the future. But that's probably because I live in Atlanta and am a hardcore Atlanta CV fan. I admire their grit knowing year after year they are going to have to "load up and go North" a couple of times per year and rarely if ever get any reciprocation from Northern Corps coming to the shows in the South. Perhaps more Southern DCA corps would spring up if they could compete virtually with the exception of more centrally located live shows. Just a thought. 

Congrats to the Caballeros and the Rogues Hollow Regiment on your Open Class and Class A titles!

Edited by PopcornEater1963
  • Like 2

I agree i found something to like in every show, and i'm thrilled as many corps were able to do something at all.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 12:30 PM, PopcornEater1963 said:

...that maneuvered through a tricky season all the way to Finals on Sunday night. 

I have to wonder if there is a hybrid model of some virtual shows and larger "regional" live shows for DCA seasons in the future. But that's probably because I live in Atlanta and am a hardcore Atlanta CV fan. I admire their grit knowing year after year they are going to have to "load up and go North" a couple of times per year and rarely if ever get any reciprocation from Northern Corps coming to the shows in the South. Perhaps more Southern DCA corps would spring up if they could compete virtually with the exception of more centrally located live shows. Just a thought. 

Congrats to the Caballeros and the Rogues Hollow Regiment on your Open Class and Class A titles!

That was always part of the challenge for us at CV. I remember loading up for early season shows in New Jersey. If I remember correctly, my first year we did Wildwood, NJ, Kingston, NY and somewhere down in Florida (St Cloud maybe...?) We had to do it for exposure to see where we landed against the northern corps. I honestly wish that we could grow the southern region. Even here in Chattanooga we had the Volunteers as well as Scenic City. Heck, Southwind could go DCA and would most likely be pretty dominate. 

I look forward to next season and hopefully seeing some of the corps back in finals.  

• Like 2