Bluecoats 2022

Video auditions are open! Newly created admin positions have been created! Send your resumes!

What does Bloo have in mind for 2022. I have it on good authority that they won’t be doing The Beatles. So maybe Paul McCartney and Wings?

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Video auditions are open! Newly created admin positions have been created! Send your resumes!

What does Bloo have in mind for 2022. I have it on good authority that they won’t be doing The Beatles. So maybe Paul McCartney and Wings?

I'm not against modern DCI.  There are numerous examples of shows where the activity moved forward yet was so entertaining.

This is one of the best. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Continental said:

I'm not against modern DCI.  There are numerous examples of shows where the activity moved forward yet was so entertaining.

This is one of the best. 

That was an awesome show! I watched that show grow daily at ST, and man,  did they kill it by finals.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

That was an awesome show! I watched that show grow daily at ST, and man,  did they kill it by finals.

To this day, it's a show that I have as yet to get tired of.

If Bluecoats announce a change in direction, I hope it's to fill my Itunes with music that moves me. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

The Beatles gig was cool but I think I am kinda' over it now. Bluecoats from 2014 to present day have just been OUTSTANDING in their selection of music. The props of the last 3 years have maybe been a bit much for the first time viewer, but they adapt quickly. I remember Britt leaning over to me in 2019 in Atlanta and saying something along the lines of "Why are there big wheels of cheese? Why am I hungry? Can you go get me another beer?"

I really hope that Bloo continues to innovate and bring their unique design perspective to life. Just please....please...no more sheer white spandex onesies. I think we have all seen enough of the horror that is spandex in drum corps...especially in DCA. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

The Beatles gig was cool but I think I am kinda' over it now. Bluecoats from 2014 to present day have just been OUTSTANDING in their selection of music. The props of the last 3 years have maybe been a bit much for the first time viewer, but they adapt quickly. I remember Britt leaning over to me in 2019 in Atlanta and saying something along the lines of "Why are there big wheels of cheese? Why am I hungry? Can you go get me another beer?"

I really hope that Bloo continues to innovate and bring their unique design perspective to life. Just please....please...no more sheer white spandex onesies. I think we have all seen enough of the horror that is spandex in drum corps...especially in DCA. 

You can tell Britt that those wheels of cheese were called mints.

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

You can tell Britt that those wheels of cheese were called mints.

I will let her know LOL. Mints go well with beer so she'll be ok with it. 

• Haha 1

I'm finding myself re-watching '21 Coats quite frequently now and I have to say, yes, the props and add-ons are substantial and maybe a little over the top, but my gosh, that show was just so impressive they didn't even catch my eye eventually. I was too focused on the talent. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Continental said:

Someone recently posted a comment about Blue Devils ballads.

The one in the above show is one of the best, almost haunting.  Just.so.well.done. 

I love Bluecoats’ ballads. From 2014’s Hymn of Acxiom, to the above Woods, to Great Gig in the Sky, to Saro, to Blackbird to Golden Slumbers, I think Bloo consistently kills it in the ballad department. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer