Bluecoats 2022

59 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I still don't know why they have to be so super secretive of their show rep, otherwise I'd comment on the specifics of what I heard.

I can certainly say that some things they are playing this year are in the public domain, so....

What I heard was great and will be awesome in August!

I agree . I don’t single out Bloo for this as they are all silly secretive . I “ get “ protecting show music . Sync rights and other valid reasons . But is it really too difficult to have them video tape  ( for just one  example ) a brass line playing an encore song or practice chords and the like ! Or percussion playing warmups under a freaking tree or whatnot ? 

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

I agree . I don’t single out Bloo for this as they are all silly secretive . I “ get “ protecting show music . Sync rights and other valid reasons . But is it really too difficult to have them video tape  ( for just one  example ) a brass line playing an encore song or practice chords and the like ! Or percussion playing warmups under a freaking tree or whatnot ? 

There are a few brass warm up vids. What to say other than they sound great as always.

2 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I still don't know why they have to be so super secretive of their show rep, otherwise I'd comment on the specifics of what I heard.

I can certainly say that some things they are playing this year are in the public domain, so....

What I heard was great and will be awesome in August!

Nothing in their show is public domain. One of their members leaked their rep with their Spotify list a few weeks back. 

1 hour ago, rmurrey74 said:

Nothing in their show is public domain. One of their members leaked their rep with their Spotify list a few weeks back. 

We heard the hornline rehearse the encore/parade tune at the end of the day. Definitely in the public domain.

The trumpets and mellophones ran a very small 32 count chunk of trickiness too.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 4:06 PM, Boss Anova said:

They have a recording up today on FB of the brass playing Autumn Leaves. Amazing brass as always from Bloo. 

4 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

They have a recording up today on FB of the brass playing Autumn Leaves. Amazing brass as always from Bloo. 

Here is the link. https://fb.watch/dG72qL4h1Y/

• Thanks 5

On 6/15/2022 at 6:47 PM, jwillis35 said:

Thanks for that. I found it. Bloo is sounding as good as ever. Autumn Leaves is such a wonderful encore ballad from them.

• Like 1

I will see Bloo in Troy, MI the night before the Detroit show, but heard they are burning up the field turf! 

• Like 1