Bluecoats 2022

thats funny. there is too much talking IMO

I love that that added more narration at the end.  It really ties the show together.  It's also impressive that their brass are playing more time during their show than any top 10 hornline in DCI this year.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I know we see complaining on DCP, but honestly most of what I see here is more respectful argument or solid discussion about rules, judging, and yes even the direction of the activity and show design

Not in my experience😂 Got told to get off DCP and that I "wasn't a real DCI fan" on my first day here

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

It's probably not just boomers. Heck, I'm 57 and I love the Bluecoats show. Sure, maybe my preference would be if they pull back a pinch on the narration, but I am not going to make a big deal over it. I think a lot of those comments could be coming from Twitter users like just like to complain. Some of them may be young, too. I loved the response of the members of the Bluecoats. It's their corps, their time, and a lot of their money. I hope they have a blast, enjoy performing, work hard, and regardless of placement I hope they have the summer of a lifetime. That should be what we want for all the corps. 

I know we see complaining on DCP, but honestly most of what I see here is more respectful argument or solid discussion about rules, judging, and yes even the direction of the activity and show design. And none of that is bad. You want to see real fighting and ignorant comments mean to insult, just hang out on Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit among others. 

Are you Gen X or boomer?   My sister is 56 in September and she’s Gen X.  You must be right on the cusp.

I’m a boomer and I’ve supported the activity for most of my life.  The boomer thing isn’t funny or accurate.  Dan Acheson is a boomer and he’s the CEO of DCI.  Plenty of boomers are in executive positions in DCI.  And ScoJo is a boomer.  His ageout year is the same as mine. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 4

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Are you Gen X or boomer?   My sister is 56 in September and she’s Gen X.  You must be right on the cusp.

I’m a boomer and I’ve supported the activity for most of my life.  The boomer thing isn’t funny or accurate.  Dan Acheson is a boomer and he’s the CEO of DCI.  Plenty of boomers are in executive positions in DCI.  And ScoJo is a boomer.  His ageout year is the same as mine. 

Very true. I get tired of the "boomer" reference. It's annoying, as if everyone from that generation is somehow out of touch. There are plenty of younger folks who are out of touch too. It's not something that should be generalized or assumed. I am Gen X. I am right on the cusp of the Boomer generation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i'm an ######## regardless of generation

• Haha 1