Jump to content

Bluecoats 2022


Recommended Posts

Video auditions are open! Newly created admin positions have been created! Send your resumes!

What does Bloo have in mind for 2022. I have it on good authority that they won’t be doing The Beatles. So maybe Paul McCartney and Wings?

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Video auditions are open! Newly created admin positions have been created! Send your resumes!

What does Bloo have in mind for 2022. I have it on good authority that they won’t be doing The Beatles. So maybe Paul McCartney and Wings?

I'm not against modern DCI.  There are numerous examples of shows where the activity moved forward yet was so entertaining.

This is one of the best. 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Continental said:

I'm not against modern DCI.  There are numerous examples of shows where the activity moved forward yet was so entertaining.

This is one of the best. 

 

That was an awesome show! I watched that show grow daily at ST, and man,  did they kill it by finals.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

That was an awesome show! I watched that show grow daily at ST, and man,  did they kill it by finals.

To this day, it's a show that I have as yet to get tired of.

If Bluecoats announce a change in direction, I hope it's to fill my Itunes with music that moves me. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Video auditions are open! Newly created admin positions have been created! Send your resumes!

What does Bloo have in mind for 2022. I have it on good authority that they won’t be doing The Beatles. So maybe Paul McCartney and Wings?

The Beatles gig was cool but I think I am kinda' over it now. Bluecoats from 2014 to present day have just been OUTSTANDING in their selection of music. The props of the last 3 years have maybe been a bit much for the first time viewer, but they adapt quickly. I remember Britt leaning over to me in 2019 in Atlanta and saying something along the lines of "Why are there big wheels of cheese? Why am I hungry? Can you go get me another beer?"

I really hope that Bloo continues to innovate and bring their unique design perspective to life. Just please....please...no more sheer white spandex onesies. I think we have all seen enough of the horror that is spandex in drum corps...especially in DCA. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

The Beatles gig was cool but I think I am kinda' over it now. Bluecoats from 2014 to present day have just been OUTSTANDING in their selection of music. The props of the last 3 years have maybe been a bit much for the first time viewer, but they adapt quickly. I remember Britt leaning over to me in 2019 in Atlanta and saying something along the lines of "Why are there big wheels of cheese? Why am I hungry? Can you go get me another beer?"

I really hope that Bloo continues to innovate and bring their unique design perspective to life. Just please....please...no more sheer white spandex onesies. I think we have all seen enough of the horror that is spandex in drum corps...especially in DCA. 

You can tell Britt that those wheels of cheese were called mints.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

You can tell Britt that those wheels of cheese were called mints.

I will let her know LOL. Mints go well with beer so she'll be ok with it. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2021 at 7:19 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

That was an awesome show! I watched that show grow daily at ST, and man,  did they kill it by finals.

Someone recently posted a comment about Blue Devils ballads.

The one in the above show is one of the best, almost haunting.  Just.so.well.done. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Continental said:

Someone recently posted a comment about Blue Devils ballads.

The one in the above show is one of the best, almost haunting.  Just.so.well.done. 

I love Bluecoats’ ballads. From 2014’s Hymn of Acxiom, to the above Woods, to Great Gig in the Sky, to Saro, to Blackbird to Golden Slumbers, I think Bloo consistently kills it in the ballad department. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...