Bluecoats 2022

9 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

Joe Walsh is from Ohio too. Spent time in Columbus and Cleveland as a child and attended Kent State for a period of time. He was a regular guest on the Drew Carey show too.

Huh … maybe Jon isn’t an Eagles fan? (As an aside, Glenn Fry grew up in my hometown, where I now live).

Anyone know how I can get the rehearsal schedule? BLOO is rehearsing at Kent State’s Dix Stadium which is literally 5 min from my house, would love to check it out. 

Edited by BluecoatsFan

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

I am a BD Honk and i am already a fan!! Love this show. 

BD/Bloo.........Bloo/BD.......there is your 1-2 in August. Calling it now. 

Of course i want my Devils to be first lol, but you best believe if it's Bloo, they will be getting crazy love and a massive standing ovation from me. 

I said that last night too. I am a Vanguard Honk, but there is NO WAY that Bluecoats and Devils are not going to be the top 2 at finals. Absolutely no way.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldbandguy said:

Joe Walsh is an Eagle...thus Don Henley would sue the Bluecoats!  Now Joe on the other hand would simply say "Cool Man"

👍 And there you have it. There’s always a reason. And I think Lou would say the same. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

👍 And there you have it. There’s always a reason. And I think Lou would say the same. 

If true, then Brad Mehldau and Mark Guliana paid a licensing fee to use the name the Bluecoats chose not to pay. If the name was an issue, I’d think those guys would have just changed the name on the original recording too. It’s not like they sampled an Eagles song or even Rocky Mountain Way or Funk #49. Heck, it’s not like they are even sampling from a Velvet Underground song.

1 hour ago, gbass598 said:

Heck, it’s not like they are even sampling from a Velvet Underground song.

Now you’ve got me imagining Bloo doing a Velvet Underground show…………. Quite a thought!!! 

• Like 2