Bluecoats 2022

58 minutes ago, Big Bird said:

I love that this show is so divisive. Personally, it’s one of my favorite shows that I’ve seen a drum corps attempt. Very bold, very fun, and very contemplative. I think the potential of this show is limitless and believe that the designers have plenty of tricks up their sleeves. This show just feels like a winner. The confidence those marchers perform with is out of this world. 

Yeah that’s the Bluecoats swagger. It’s earned and deserved.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 3PoC said:

My own personal "revelation" about this show tells me that Bluecoats went with the name "Lou" is because he's the dream avatar for a 50 year old Bloo (call him B'Lou?)

Hmmm. I hadn't considered the similarity between "Lou" and "Bloo." You might have something there. I actually briefly also considered the Eagles' propensity for strictly adhering to proper licensing. But like someone else mentioned, Joe Walsh is his own name/image/likeness, and the rest of the band would not have any standing on somebody using Joe's name.

I have never been one to the stir the pot, as I try to show love and respect to everyone. 

But not tonight. This BD honk is praying Bloo smokes Crown tonight. 

Some of these Crown fans (Not All) acting as if Bloo and BD don't exist, and they are just going to roll to Indy and collect Gold is hilarious. 

I really like Crown's show this year, Crown performed their butts off last night and salute to them, but some of these Crown fans (Again Not All) and their outlandish takes in the last 48 hours need a serious reality check. 

And I hope it comes from the fine Men and Women of Canton. 

DO IT UP BLOO!!

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I have never been one to the stir the pot, as I try to show love and respect to everyone. 

Some of these Crown fans (Not All) acting as if Bloo and BD don't exist, and they are just going to roll to Indy and collect Gold is hilarious. 

I really like Crown's show this year, Crown performed their butts off last night and salute to them, but some of these Crown fans (Again Not All) and their outlandish takes in the last 48 hours need a serious reality check. 

DO IT UP BLOO!!

I just read this to the gang and everyone here agrees.

Edited by Poppycock
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

(Insert corps name here) Honk Syndrome aka (Insert corps name here)HS is surely on the CDC's radar as a recognized condition, no? 

3 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

DO IT UP BLOO!!

When people say "Drum corps is back!" this is what they really mean. So let the Honks be loud and the Takes be spicy! 

13 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

DO IT UP BLOO!!

Agreed. And the thing of it is that this is almost like pre-season baseball. We're JUST getting started. For those that marched, we all remember that right now, these programs are just starting to think about how they are going max out their design, toiling over possible massive re-writes and filtering through vast amounts of feedback from both judges and probably happy (or unhappy) alumni telling then "what they need to do." 

This is corps after all and anything can happen. The top 3 corps all have a ceiling. What that ceiling is and can they achieve it will determine the final scores. I'm just proud of these cats for being able to do what they're doing. 

14 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

DO IT UP BLOO!!

This didn't age well.

Believe me, no one is thinking Devils and/or the Bluecoats are going to sit back and let Crown stroll to a 2nd championship. 

• Like 5