Bluecoats 2022

This show had me eating crow like no other in my time as a DCI fan. From first viewing, it was competing with Crown as one of my least favorite shows of the year and I truly did not think the show had what it took to be competing for a championship. But by the time prelims rolled around this show had turned into a beast and has become my favorite show of 2022. Congrats to the Bluecoats! Of all the challengers to BD, the Bluecoats have been the most consistently excellent and that’s an indication of a very well run organization. Cannot wait to see what they put out next year!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

From a recent BAC age out.
Congrats Bloo!
It was an honor to compete against y'all and an honor to make history with together. I wish the 2023 corps the best of luck in the future and I hope that this shared accomplishments bring the two corps together.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

So I’m at a family Christmas get together and one of my snooty cousins asked if I’m still into that “corny marching band s***”. Later on I slipped the Bluecoats audio into the playlist. Snooty cousin who thinks he knows everything about everything was totally dumbfounded. “What group is this?” “I’ve never heard an audience react like that in a concert hall” “What a touching story line”. When it was over I told him it was some of that “corny marching band s***. Then I had him watch the video. In conclusion, I was able to convert a civilian to the joys and artistry of drum corps!

Thanks Bluecoats. I wish you all the best in 2023. 2022 will be hard to top!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I know it's late but I want to congratulate the BLOOO for the best show in 2022...Scores aside, the changes made by finals cemented for me the most fun experience in drum corps last season...When all is said and done, the fan experience should mean something.. So the Devils may have won the sheets, but on finals night BLOOO brought the HEART of a champion to LOS ...The early season BLOOO morphed into the challenging, creative and exciting group that I love to see and hear..Thanks for the ride!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

UPDATE ON BLUECOATS

This just in:

There were enough auditionees for me to safely say, Bloo will field a full corps this year! (Probably)

Music has been selected, and I’ve been told (from reliable sources) it’s pretty good! 

Alumni in the know are said to be unperturbed!

I think I can safely say, Bloo will most likely make Finals this year! (Fingers crossed!)

And a quote from a board member,  “Bloo …” 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

UPDATE ON BLUECOATS

This just in:

There were enough auditionees for me to safely say, Bloo will field a full corps this year! (Probably)

Music has been selected, and I’ve been told (from reliable sources) it’s pretty good! 

I think I can safely say, Bloo will most likely make Finals this year! (Fingers crossed!)

Dial back this  massive Bloo hype from you with this .. sheesh ! 😊

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

UPDATE ON BLUECOATS

This just in:

8 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Dial back this  massive Bloo hype from you with this .. sheesh ! 😊

I'll take it given his 'Box 5' level use of "unperturbed".  "Bloo..." 😁  

• Like 1

Drycleaner from Des Moines was a bop.  And vamping on God Bless the Child was a hot ending.

I loved that they went all in on jazz.  

• Like 5