Bluecoats 2022

15 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I don’t know why I’m earth you would see me there 😅

Gas City is, um … yeah. 

• Like 1

Hoping to make a trip out this week to see Bloo. Are there days of the week that are better than others? Days that should be avoided for events? It’s about a 2 hour drive for me and I’d hate to drive out there on laundry day!

• Like 1

Well, not surprising but Bloo has a strong show this year.  As usual a lot  is going on simultaneously with a lot of layered detail.  Props are really cool and integrate wel( much final detail to be put on props-can’t wait to see the final touch). The are doing more drill it seems-or maybe just how the field is staged. They stage and transition so well. Brass sounds incredible. Not sure of the music source but the book grooves, grabs your attention and is uniquely Bloo.  Their take on a ballad this year is cool.  Not giving you much, I know. The show reminds me of the art installation Cadillac Ranch.

Oh and I did catch up with DrumManTX.  We chatted up Bloo, drum corps and Texas high school  marching bands. He’ was a good host !!!😜 

Edited by Forevergreen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Forevergreen said:

Well, not surprising but Bloo has a strong show this year.  As usual a lot  is going on simultaneously with a lot of layered detail.  Props are really cool and integrate wel( much final detail to be put on props-can’t wait to see the final touch). The are doing more drill it seems-or maybe just how the field is staged. They stage and transition so well. Brass sounds incredible. Not sure of the music source but the book grooves, grabs your attention and is uniquely Bloo.  Their take on a ballad this year is cool.  Not giving you much, I know. The show reminds me of the art installation Cadillac Ranch.

Oh and I did catch up with DrumManTX.  We chatted up Bloo, drum corps and Texas high school  marching bands. He’ was a good host !!!😜 

What a year 2021 was for those Texas HS bands👀👀

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

Yes. Isn’t every year ?  If it’s not one, it’s another -or several that just put out an epic  show.

Indeed it is, one notable one that unfortunately didn’t compete at grand Nats either 🖋🔊🖋

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

Would have been such a show if Hebron were there. Could have said fed same about Reagan in 2019.

Both of those shows were so clean and polished by their final performances in San Antonio, a little bit more repping and improvement even from there would’ve been amazing to see!

• Like 1