Bluecoats 2022

12 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

We are all so jealous and happy for you at the same time, lol.  Can you please drop your thoughts after rehearsal without revealing anything we are suppose to know?  You know the kind of stuff we all clamor too, like how was the drumline, the brass, guard, pit, general effect, ballad, yada yada....

Thank You in Advance!

Ha! I’ll let you know what I can. Generally, I’m a terrible judge. I just get so excited to listen to these groups and enjoy them so much. I’ll probably think they have the title locked up after tonight 😜

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Ha! I’ll let you know what I can. Generally, I’m a terrible judge. I just get so excited to listen to these groups and enjoy them so much. I’ll probably think they have the title locked up after tonight 😜

Yes Tell us... lol I anticipate the amazing Bloo 2022 production.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Ok. Erring on the side of caution, to not give anything away.

This show will certainly have people who love it and those that can’t stand it. I happened to walk in tonight to their uniformed/full prop run. I really like what they’re doing, but some others will be turned off. I’m a bit worried about similarities in color scheme for the group, in regards to lack of contrast… I really hope it looks good from up top.

Style of the show… It’s definitely Bluecoats! I feel like it’s a combination of their last 5 shows. Quite a bit of electronics. They’re a little heavy for my taste, but they’ll balance it out, I’m sure.

There is plenty to love about the music arrangement and the music performance. Brass sounds great. I prefer them to the Beatles show. I might be crazy, but the front ensemble seemed to have rougher runs than I’d expect at this point in the year. Probably just some new music or something, they were still really good! I’m not even going to try to talk on battery.

I liked the guard writing more than most years. The visual design has some really neat, memorable moments. Brass visually specific, a little more dirt than I’d expect, but again, it’s just June.

I’m torn on how to feel about this show. They’re certainly talented, but there are a few things that leave me scratching my head. My best guess, this is a 3rd/4th place group. That being said, it’s the first full season back and I haven’t seen anybody else (live) yet.

This all probably sounds less enthusiastic than you want to hear, but without giving anything away, it’s hard to talk about what I saw. I love the props, the visual design is a strength, and the brass sounds great! This show is certainly going to be memorable and the kids are kicking a**!

You certainly have me intrigued.   Thanks for giving us a report! 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Ok. Erring on the side of caution, to not give anything away.

This show will certainly have people who love it and those that can’t stand it. I happened to walk in tonight to their uniformed/full prop run. I really like what they’re doing, but some others will be turned off. I’m a bit worried about similarities in color scheme for the group, in regards to lack of contrast… I really hope it looks good from up top.

Style of the show… It’s definitely Bluecoats! I feel like it’s a combination of their last 5 shows. Quite a bit of electronics. They’re a little heavy for my taste, but they’ll balance it out, I’m sure.

There is plenty to love about the music arrangement and the music performance. Brass sounds great. I prefer them to the Beatles show. I might be crazy, but the front ensemble seemed to have rougher runs than I’d expect at this point in the year. Probably just some new music or something, they were still really good! I’m not even going to try to talk on battery.

I liked the guard writing more than most years. The visual design has some really neat, memorable moments. Brass visually specific, a little more dirt than I’d expect, but again, it’s just June.

I’m torn on how to feel about this show. They’re certainly talented, but there are a few things that leave me scratching my head. My best guess, this is a 3rd/4th place group. That being said, it’s the first full season back and I haven’t seen anybody else (live) yet.

This all probably sounds less enthusiastic than you want to hear, but without giving anything away, it’s hard to talk about what I saw. I love the props, the visual design is a strength, and the brass sounds great! This show is certainly going to be memorable and the kids are kicking a**!

Thanks for the report!

• Like 3

The 2015 show was heavy on the electronics too but I don’t remember there being too many critics that year. So we’ll see! I trust the design staff. Their track record over the last decade is pretty solid!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, crownisking said:

The 2015 show was heavy on the electronics too but I don’t remember there being too many critics that year. So we’ll see! I trust the design staff. Their track record over the last decade is pretty solid!

Sadly I was one of them.... I'm not a big fan of the 2015 show. I'm just not a big fan of electronics, but I understand that it's here to stay. What can I say, I prefer a strong hornline over synthetic bass. 

And I'm not trying to bash any corps because I generally do enjoy every show I see. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Sadly I was one of them.... I'm not a big fan of the 2015 show. I'm just not a big fan of electronics, but I understand that it's here to stay. What can I say, I prefer a strong hornline over synthetic bass. 

And I'm not trying to bash any corps because I generally do enjoy every show I see. 

I respect that. I will say that some corps do electronics more tastefully than others. I have a pretty high tolerance for it as long as it’s properly woven into the show. I feel the same way about props. As long as it serves a purpose, I’m ok with it. Bluecoats do a better than average job in both categories. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crownisking said:

I respect that. I will say that some corps do electronics more tastefully than others. I have a pretty high tolerance for it as long as it’s properly woven into the show. I feel the same way about props. As long as it serves a purpose, I’m ok with it. Bluecoats do a better than average job in both categories. 

Not gonna argue that one bit. 2014 is a great example.