Cabs Finish Undefeated & DCA Open Class Champions

Last night at DCA’s Virtual Championships, Caballeros continued their winning streak and placed first in Open Class with a score of 94.65. Cabs also snagged the Best Visual, Best Color Guard, and Best General Effect Captions. A special congratulations to Cab’s own Business Manager, Al Katz, for being named Open Class Director and the Year […]

View the full article

• 3 weeks later...

So there is an actual DCA Champ in a season that featured only “virtual” competitions and lacked the only decent drum corps of the bunch?  Ok….call them “Champs” with a HUGE ASTERISK!  

2021 DCA Champions*

* Note that no corps competed in an actual competition and that the most competitive corps was one of the smart corps that didn’t subject their members/staff to the threat of COVID-19.

Flame away….but the truth is the truth. 

Edited by DrumCorpsNutt
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, DrumCorpsNutt said:

So there is an actual DCA Champ in a season that featured only “virtual” competitions and lacked the only decent drum corps of the bunch?  Ok….call them “Champs” with a HUGE ASTERISK!  

2021 DCA Champions*

Tiger Woods has not played in a number of PGA Tour majors, including at least one when he was in the prime of his career. Should we put an asterisk next to the winners of those Tiger-less majors?

Under the 2021 rules, agreed upon by the corps of DCA, the Caballeros won the championship. Period. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2021 at 9:36 PM, DrumCorpsNutt said:

2021 DCA Champions*

* Note that no corps competed in an actual competition and that the most competitive corps was one of the smart corps that didn’t subject their members/staff to the threat of COVID-19.

no asterisk needed. they had a great corps and great show. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2021 DCA Champions*

How did C2 finish this season? 

• Haha 2

2021 DCA Champions*

Dear DCN, you try to steal the good from the competitors all of whom gave everything to compete in the 2021 season.  BTW, not one corps reported a case of COVID among it's members.  Finally I have to say, you're just scumbag!!!

• Like 3

On 9/23/2021 at 9:51 AM, Algernon said:

How did C2 finish this season? 

ask the former director on probation

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

ask the former director on probation

Is he still “local”? Every time I go on one road (edit: drove by there few hours after I posted 😬)  I remember passing someone walking who looked like him. 😳😬🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Edited by JimF-LowBari

11 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Is he still “local”? Every time I go on one road (edit: drove by there few hours after I posted 😬)  I remember passing someone walking who looked like him. 😳😬🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

yup

• Thanks 1

How did this go from Cabs Win and Undefeated to......C2 and GH? "SQUIRREL!!!!!"

My Penny.....I hated watching Drum Corps on TV! But if I couldn't make it to DCI in person, then I'll watch it on PBS or ESPN.  It's NOT the same! Sound is different and you are forced to see what the producers want you to see. Last year for our Music Performance Assessment the directors could send a video of their choirs or bands for assessment. NO rating but you received adjudication. I opted out! Why? The adjudicators wouldn't here my students live and in person. You know, one shot! Instead, I could record my kids until I got, what I thought, the perfect recording. Besides that, it was going to cost our group the same amount of money to get less of what we used to get.

Okay so back to drum corps...... I love the Cabs and all the corps and many of you will defend the video year of 2021 because, well....it's because of COVID! 

Should they have all filmed on same field? Could they have had a real LIVE championship keeping corps distanced? Doesn't that happen anyway? My memory was we were at a hotel and we rehearsed at our own rehearsal site and we warmed up away from other corps before the contest. We came in and left as a corps. Do they still do retreat or just DM's?

I could say, "what's the problem with that?" The "experts" will tell me I'm an idiot for saying that!

So, in closing......I hate video's for adjudicating purposes!