Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

45 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Then discussions should continue to be had and actions taken until progress IS made. 

Regardless, I'm not here to hijack this thread. I am hoping Crown puts out another quality product so I can scream my head off. 

I agree completely.  

I meant to say get the thread shut down (because of the way people interpret and react to things here).  Hopefully such discussions flourish in saner environs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to a great season for Crown. I won't get to see anyone until SE Regionals in Atlanta as work has gotten very suddenly busy for the summer. Hope to see some of you there. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 7:41 AM, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

I don't think there really is a problem with diversity in DCI. I think its just is what it is.  The(people of color) community in my opinion aren't  interested in DCI style. They prefer showband style( HBCU). There is even a comedian that joked…

You’re painting with a really broad brush here. I graduated from an HBCU and I played on the band with a number of students that marched with drum corps. The assumption that all musicians that attend HBCU’s are only interested in one style of marching is flat out false, and pretty offensive. Despite what some comedian or internet meme might tell you, all HBCU students don’t fit into one little box. You really shouldn’t attempt to speak for a culture you very clearly know nothing about. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, crownisking said:

You’re painting with a really broad brush here. I graduated from an HBCU and I played on the band with a number of students that marched with drum corps. The assumption that all musicians that attend HBCU’s are only interested in one style of marching is flat out false, and pretty offensive. Despite what some comedian or internet meme might tell you, all HBCU students don’t fit into one little box. You really shouldn’t attempt to speak for a culture you very clearly know nothing about. 

Glad someone pointed it out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Crown is now looking for a “specialty” high brass performer, according to their latest facebook post. 

Hmmmmm.

Also, I’ve seen a few comments on social media from (proclaimed) current members hinting that this year’s production will be a bit of a curveball. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crownisking said:

Crown is now looking for a “specialty” high brass performer, according to their latest facebook post. 

Hmmmmm.

Also, I’ve seen a few comments on social media from (proclaimed) current members hinting that this year’s production will be a bit of a curveball. 

A high and (from what you say) inside curve ball … isn’t that a brush back pitch? Color me intrigued!

(OK, that comment sounded better and made perfect sense in my head)

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

A high and (from what you say) inside curve ball … isn’t that a brush back pitch? Color me intrigued!

(OK, that comment sounded better and made perfect sense in my head)

😂 if that was a baseball reference, it soared over my head. I follow football and basketball pretty closely, but I’m all but clueless when it comes to baseball. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crownisking said:

Hmmmmm.

What kind of specialty?  Crown brass is darn special already. It makes me think they’re looking for a screamer. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

What kind of specialty?  Crown brass is darn special already. It makes me think they’re looking for a screamer. 

Maybe but you’d think they already have plenty of those. That would be pretty cool to hear a screamer in a Crown show. Off the top, I think the last true screamer they had was in 2009. And that particular moment in the show didn’t even make it to the end of the season.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2022 at 4:34 PM, crownisking said:

Hmmmmm.

Oh god, not more totally unmusical, terrible sounding high notes for the sake of high notes