Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

4 hours ago, BWise said:

I am a Crown fan of the highest order and look forward to a great season. 
Maybe I don’t get it. But these super esoteric show themes make it so hard to even understand what the intent is? Can someone explain the concept? 

Maybe it isn’t as clear and concise as you’re looking for but have you read Crown’s description on FB/ IG?

4 hours ago, BWise said:

I am a Crown fan of the highest order and look forward to a great season. 
Maybe I don’t get it. But these super esoteric show themes make it so hard to even understand what the intent is? Can someone explain the concept? 

Is there even a concept to explain? I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong but this year’s show doesn’t feel like it’s going to have much of a story behind it. Just some great music and (hopefully) a great design to match. 

• Like 1

I’m surprised no one else has made this connection yet but it’s starting to feel like last year’s show was sort of like a prequel to this year’s. If I’m right, I can’t wait to see how they tie everything together!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

Titles have been added to my YouTube playlist.  Feel free to find it under "Drum Corps 2022" on YouTube.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crownisking said:

Is there even a concept to explain? I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong but this year’s show doesn’t feel like it’s going to have much of a story behind it. Just some great music and (hopefully) a great design to match. 

Ok that makes some sense .. and maybe there is not a concept per se.  You know these judges get all balled up about GE and music and movement and concept and how they work together. And VA has been a Crown weak spot for years.  I’m all in on great music and (hopefully) a great design to match. 

1 hour ago, DrummerParent said:

Maybe it isn’t as clear and concise as you’re looking for but have you read Crown’s description on FB/ IG?

Yeah .. those descriptions are mumbo jumbo .. that stuff is also consistently difficult for the design team to explain .. which can be problematic it you are concerned with scores. 

1 hour ago, crownisking said:

I’m surprised no one else has made this connection yet but it’s starting to feel like last year’s show was sort of like a prequel to this year’s. If I’m right, I can’t wait to see how they tie everything together!

Yes.  This year’s show is basically 2020’s show.  As I understand it, they did use last year’s show as kind of a prequel as you put it.  Tocatta is even being repeated, though maybe not quite the same.  Gives them one movement that 2/3 the corps was already pretty familiar in.  I haven’t seen any of the visual but I hear that may be upped a notch or two from what we’re used to seeing- don’t know exactly what that means.

• Like 2

I'm so excited to know that Crown is putting Jacob Collier on the field. He one of my favorite musical artist. He's such a musical genius.  All of his work is amazing. Can't wait to hear Crown and BD battle it out because they both have Jacob Collier pieces in their repertoire. I have a feeling this is going to be a great season. Good Luck Crown!!! I'm 100% rooting for you. I encourage everyone to check Jacob Colliers Music, he's amazing. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Titles have been added to my YouTube playlist.  Feel free to find it under "Drum Corps 2022" on YouTube.

I searched for this and didn't see it.  Perhaps you could post a link?

1 hour ago, ExPitster said:

I searched for this and didn't see it.  Perhaps you could post a link?

Per your request:

All the source music titles I am aware of, and are available, should be there.  I will continue to update as more announcements are released.

Edited by Old Corps Guy