Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

On 6/15/2022 at 10:39 AM, Drum Corps Is Now a Bust said:

What possible reason would any organization decide to tour the country with inflation and gas price increases with no end in sight. It is financial suicide for unnecessary form of entertainment.

Hooooooly Moley. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/15/2022 at 11:39 AM, Drum Corps Is Now a Bust said:

What possible reason would any organization decide to tour the country with inflation and gas price increases with no end in sight. It is financial suicide for unnecessary form of entertainment.

Reason:  love of the activity.  Reason: competition.  Reason: it is a needed form of entertainment for many.  
How to do it and avoid financial suicide? Plan well.  Be smart. Be disciplined in spending.  Watch resources carefully.  
the door is right behind you.

• Like 8

On 6/17/2022 at 1:27 PM, nhs75902 said:

First time poster, long time lurker. I live close to GWU and had the opportunity to see them yesterday, as well as a few times last week.

Just some points:

• Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4 are on the field, and they are working through part 5. The show will probably be finished in the next day or two, so they’ll have plenty of time to clean before Muncie.
  • I counted 23 trumpets last night, with no holes in any of the drill. Not a big deal just interesting. Center snare was out last night as well, besides that the corps seems healthy.
  • The design is… interesting, I was a little skeptical last week but after seeing it again I’m warming up to it. They’re really pulling out all the stops to entertain the audience, and there are some really creative design choices, especially visually, that I think the audience will love. 
  • The brass is absolutely on fire. Fantastic balance and they are LOUD. Just like TigerBaritone said, the second movement is VERY notey. It might be the most technically challenging movement I’ve heard CrownBRASS ever play. It does give off “lots of notes because we can” vibes, but it’s awesome so I don’t care much.
  • I heard a musical runthrough of the closer last week, and it sounds great, but it’s definitely going to go through some changes. Last night they were still putting the first half of it on the move, and it is VERY environmentally challenging.
  • Guard will be top 5, they’re very talented and the staging is much better than 2019. 
  • I still haven’t gotten a good read on percussion, but they are pretty clean already. The front ensemble has some amazing talent.
  • The ballad is going to blow your socks off. Absolutely stunning. That’s all.

Really hoping they make the Benedictus a ballad to rememeber🙏🙏

• Like 2

Just listened to Benedictus on YT. 

Crown’s rendition of Alvan Silvestri’s Abyss brought tears to my eyes in ‘13. I’m betting I’ll need a box of Kleenex this year.

Hands down, early favorite for ballad of the summer.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Just listened to Benedictus on YT. 

Crown’s rendition of Alvan Silvestri’s Abyss brought tears to my eyes in ‘13. I’m betting I’ll need a box of Kleenex this year.

Hands down, early favorite for ballad of the summer.

Going to the Denton show right at the second row from the front, I may not be ready for it when I hear it, it’s definitely one of my favorites!

• Like 1