Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

Why isn't there ever a "Learn the Music: <brass>" 😞

• Haha 1

More about the Crown show app on their FB page.

This looks a lot like the concept going around at K-Pop concerts where you purchase a "light stick" that changes colors in sync with the music and can create light patterns in audience.

https://fb.watch/dRJCKfPaRc/

I’m pretty excited to see Crown THREE times in Dallas next month. I have a feeling this year’s show will be a hit with the younger fans!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

Alright Crown fans.  I have a detailed update from tonight's ensemble rehearsal, as they were in full uniform, the crowd used the Crown Live App (I personally loved every second of it) and the props were fully dressed.  A couple of things to note per my discussions: 1) some of the props are not ready yet and will not be in the show for the next couple of weeks due to delays in shipping (they have a decent amount of props already on the field already, btw) 2) the closer is only 3/4's done, because the last 75 seconds of drill is so hard and fast that the staff has not been to get it to a good spot at this time, so they stand and play it and it is so loud you need headphones, lol.  From my understanding, they will be working on the remaining closer drill during this upcoming week. 

Part 1:  I really love the Jacob Collier piece.  Not only is this super cool, but it also has such a cool vibe it that the audience will be surprised by the wall of sound coming from the first note.  The smack was sensational in such a good way!  I think this adds great GE.  Nothing really to say here other than, its loud and to the point.  

Part 2: Insane, Insane, Insane.  The visual and the music are just insanity.  I was speechless, but I also see a lot of dirty feet in this section, so I can see putting a lot of time into cleaning this part.  Its a maximum level of difficulty in the DCI arena.  

Part 3: This ballad is simply one of the best Crown has ever played.  I agreed with someone's comment earlier about babies being thrown.  OMG the sweet parts are ear candy and the climax is loud it will bring you to your feet.

Part 4: ####, ####, ####!  This is the coolest part of the show.  Words cannot describe how cool this part is and the drum feature is freaking amazing.  There is a lot going on in this part and everyone will need more than one viewing to catch it all.  The guard also has some great moments in this part.  I also like the choreography that the brass does in this section.  The staff deserve a lot of credit for this section.

Part 5:  The closer is typical Crown.  It's pretty dirty feet wise at the moment, but they work on it for 2 plus hours tonight and will continue to do so in time. The music builds, builds, builds, and builds some more, until you are left with a wall of sound and everyone is on their feet clapping.  

I will say this is not your typical Crown show, as it has its own identify.  Anyhow, I cannot wait for the world to see what I just experienced tonight.  I hope they have an undefeated season.

-Good Night!  

Benedictus is godlike, very happy to hear it’s getting the very gentle but awe-inspiring touch that crown can provide in their ballads, it’s a very ideal piece for them and I’ve wanted to hear it be played by a top tier group in DCI for a while👀 I feel like Crown’s show is definitely gonna be the one of few shows this year that clings to me, and I’m looking forward to hearing it soon!! I don’t think ruling out crown from title contention is wise here…

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, B-Flat said:

4 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Benedictus is godlike, very happy to hear it’s getting the very gentle but awe-inspiring touch that crown can provide in their ballads, it’s a very ideal piece for them and I’ve wanted to hear it be played by a top tier group in DCI for a while👀 I feel like Crown’s show is definitely gonna be the one of few shows this year that clings to me, and I’m looking forward to hearing it soon!! I don’t think ruling out crown from title contention is wise here…

The playlist had the 2Cello version.  I hope their arrangement stays true to the original choral version with the impact of the B section, "Hosanna in excess"  @5:25.  When I heard Jenkins piece a few years ago, I told my wife this is as a part of my funeral.  (She wasn't amused.) Beautiful work...  Will get to watch them rehearse & perform later next week!

Edited by keystone3ply
cx