Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

After driving home, I just have to say Crown has something special cooking. With or without the app it’s a very engaging show. (I only really liked one aspect of it). Most people will need multiple reads because there’s so many interesting things happening. CrownGuard blew me away. The new staff did great with their shorten season last year and they haven’t stopped. Brass was the same Harloff brass. The warmup sequence was fantastic. Then the show comes and it keeps hitting you. Ballad got a standing O. Percussion was cooking too. I can’t wait for everyone to see it come Friday in Muncie!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

This makes me so happy and so sad at the same time. This year was suppose to be my first year traveling to Indy for finals, and the first time I was to see Crown live since 2018, but I just HAD to have a car crash, total my car, and fracture my tibia plateau!!! 🤬🤬🤬 Now I'm down till mid August, and no love drum corps this season...AGAIN...😭😭😭

Wow, sorry to hear that!!   Get well soon!!   And stay away from those trees!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

After driving home, I just have to say Crown has something special cooking. With or without the app it’s a very engaging show. (I only really liked one aspect of it). Most people will need multiple reads because there’s so many interesting things happening. CrownGuard blew me away. The new staff did great with their shorten season last year and they haven’t stopped. Brass was the same Harloff brass. The warmup sequence was fantastic. Then the show comes and it keeps hitting you. Ballad got a standing O. Percussion was cooking too. I can’t wait for everyone to see it come Friday in Muncie!

It didn't seem like the whole show was finished, I guess they're still working on the closer.  At the end they just stood and played.  Can't wait to see what they have planned for the actual closer. 

• Like 1

Just now, wigwam said:

It didn't seem like the whole show was finished, I guess they're still working on the closer.  At the end they just stood and played.  Can't wait to see what they have planned for the actual closer. 

Yeah. No guard work and standstill for the last bit. 

Just now, wigwam said:

Show is complete,  but word has it the end is so fast and complicated that they wanted to spend the week cleaning it before putting it in front of a crowd. That’s why you got the standstill at the end. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

This makes me so happy and so sad at the same time. This year was suppose to be my first year traveling to Indy for finals, and the first time I was to see Crown live since 2018, but I just HAD to have a car crash, total my car, and fracture my tibia plateau!!! 🤬🤬🤬 Now I'm down till mid August, and no live drum corps this season...AGAIN...😭😭😭

aw man that sucks.   heal up soon!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

This makes me so happy and so sad at the same time. This year was suppose to be my first year traveling to Indy for finals, and the first time I was to see Crown live since 2018, but I just HAD to have a car crash, total my car, and fracture my tibia plateau!!! 🤬🤬🤬 Now I'm down till mid August, and no live drum corps this season...AGAIN...😭😭😭

No!!!!! Oh man, this sucks. Is there no way at all to get you to a show? Maybe we can all chip in and rent an ambulance , and wheel a bed into the handicap section. I’m open to suggestions, we can’t have our guy not see drum corps this season. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Newseditor44 said:

No!!!!! Oh man, this sucks. Is there no way at all to get you to a show? Maybe we can all chip in and rent an ambulance , and wheel a bed into the handicap section. I’m open to suggestions, we can’t have our guy not see drum corps this season. 

Count me in. This show is a must see live!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

I hear a rumor that watching the show on Flo with app open accelerates healing.  

Worth a try!! 

• Haha 1