Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

10 hours ago, BWise said:

I don’t know that there is a style I prefer .. but I think most on here know usually by the end of June what is working and what is not is apparent. And if there is not a “that” show Blue Devils win. Babylon was that show .. Downside Up was that show .. Spartacus was that show. And lastly Inferno was that show but lost. I thought when I saw Crown this year it was “that” show .. but what’s vexing me is they have only been out 3 times with it. So .. I’m not sure yet .. might be a default BD year. 
Ppl get mad but BAC .. Bloo .. and SCV don’t have “that” show .. even tho they are great and very entertaining and work hard and are talented  .. IMO .. again just my opinion .. they aren’t the break out show. Will Crown be that show?  I hope but .. not sure. 

a big rambling mess but there. 

I’m not quite sure what your definition of “that show” is. Is it just the crowd favorite? Because that’s what it sounds like

If not, is it defined as a groundbreaking show that is so far ahead in GE that no one else has a chance beating it? 

18 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I’m not quite sure what your definition of “that show” is. Is it just the crowd favorite? Because that’s what it sounds like

If not, is it defined as a groundbreaking show that is so far ahead in GE that no one else has a chance beating it? 

Well it is more the latter .. I think GE drives it but the other captions tend to follow? I do not think it is purely computational. More visceral?  Emotional? Idk .. could be just me rambling. 

• Like 1

TODAY IS A SHOW DAY !!!

Let’s go Crown in the ATL!!!

👑🔥👑🔥👑🔥👑🔥👑🔥👑

Edited by BWise
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, karuna said:

Additionally it can help to travel west and beat them a few times early in the season.  

As a BD Honk, I have to admit there is some truth to that. We have seen only five shows beat BD since 2007.........Phantom 2008, Cadets 2011, Crown 2013, Bluecoats 2016, and SCV 2018. 

Bluecoats 2016 is the only show that managed to topple the Devils without heading out west and seeing them in June. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BWise said:

Well it is more the latter .. I think GE drives it but the other captions tend to follow? I do not think it is purely computational. More visceral?  Emotional? Idk .. could be just me rambling. 

Well I think BD 2014 and 2012 would be considered “that show” in that case 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Well I think BD 2014 and 2012 would be considered “that show” in that case 

I think 2017 was “that show” BDs 

1 minute ago, Sensioto said:

Anyone else bothered that the high brass barely move in the ballad on Side 2? At CrownBEAT through livestream, I noticed more integration with the orange lemniscate prop with the low brass crawling through it and even climbing it on Side 1, but the high brass are nearly stationary for the entirety of the "Benedictus." Think this will change? 

I think so. I think the design team are probably working on something.  

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

I think so. I think the design team are probably working on something.  

Some new tarp or something has arrived according to IG .. I just hope they don’t change so much they can’t clean it.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BWise said:

Some new tarp or something has arrived according to IG .. I just hope they don’t change so much they can’t clean it.  

They had some new tarps last show too, the ones the brass hides under.   Same concept as before but multi colored.  Not sure I liked them any better than the previous color though.