Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

1 hour ago, wigwam said:

They had some new tarps last show too, the ones the brass hides under.   Same concept as before but multi colored.  Not sure I liked them any better than the previous color though.  

Agreed. That still doesn’t quite work .. but I think there is more ?!? 

4 hours ago, Sensioto said:

Anyone else bothered that the high brass barely move in the ballad on Side 2? At CrownBEAT through livestream, I noticed more integration with the orange lemniscate prop with the low brass crawling through it and even climbing it on Side 1, but the high brass are nearly stationary for the entirety of the "Benedictus." Think this will change? 

I think the arrangement needs to be tweaked to develop the A section after the solo & they need to be restaged.  We also need more low voice percussion in the B section.  (See video)  😁

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

No Flo😖

Any Crownies on the ground this evening?

• Like 1

It’s showtime!!!

no rain .. nice and toasty. 

Crown is over in Piedmont Park. 

Edited by BWise
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

As a BD Honk, I have to admit there is some truth to that. We have seen only five shows beat BD since 2007.........Phantom 2008, Cadets 2011, Crown 2013, Bluecoats 2016, and SCV 2018. 

Bluecoats 2016 is the only show that managed to topple the Devils without heading out west and seeing them in June. 

Honestly if I knew I had a "contender" corps, it would be the easiest decision in the world to start my tour out West.   In fact I'd pack up the trucks, let them drive cross-country, and fly my members in as the convoy arrives at the first housing site.  Better than slogging the whole corps by road and pretending to rehearse on long travel days where everyone is exhausted.   Have my bus company pick me up at the airport!   And the crowds out West go ga-ga for any corps that makes the trip.  Reports from Crown in 2013 were absolutely glowing.   It was a lot of fun reading all the reports on DCP from West Coast guys who never get to see/hear Crown live.  

Edited by karuna
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, karuna said:

Honestly if I knew I had a "contender" corps, it would be the easiest decision in the world to start my tour out West.   In fact I'd pack up the trucks, let them drive cross-country, and fly my members in as the convoy arrives at the first housing site.  Better than slogging the whole corps by road and pretending to rehearse on long travel days where everyone is exhausted.   Have my bus company pick me up at the airport!   And the crowds out West go ga-ga for any corps that make the trip.  Reports from Crown in 2013 were absolutely glowing.   It was a lot of fun reading all the reports on DCP from West Coast guys who never get to see/hear Crown live.  

Us Cali fans always show out of state corps love. We don't care who it is. You take time to make the trip out west, we will show you love. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

Us Cali fans always show out of state corps love. We don't care who it is. You take time to make the trip out west, we will show you love. 

And yes it will cost more.  But if you tell your members:  we're flying you out to start the season,  you have free days in San Francisco and Denver, etc...  it won't be too hard to convince them a tuition bump is worth it!  Beats the heck out of free days in Indiana or Ohio.  

• Haha 1