Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

1 minute ago, scheherazadesghost said:

That was my half season. It's a sad story.

Actually, it was my second time performing Russian Christmas Music. My HS guard instructor was a ring-holder Cavie who pretty much groomed me for SC. My first marching band show was Russian Sketches, totally in honor of SC. I'm glad I got to march even part of 05, but it was tough. I consider it a latter dark year, honestly.

It means the world that you enjoy it, thank you. Sorry to be off topic in Crownie land. :worthy:

I'm sorry you only got to march half the season! I was wondering why you sad reacted. I thought I had said something wrong or out of line. 

We get off topic here all the time, no worries. Lol.

2 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

That was my half season. It's a sad story.

Actually, it was my second time performing Russian Christmas Music. My HS guard instructor was a ring-holder Cavie who pretty much groomed me for SC. My first marching band show was Russian Sketches, totally in honor of SC. I'm glad I got to march even part of 05, but it was tough. I consider it a latter dark year, honestly.

It means the world that you enjoy it, thank you. Sorry to be off topic in Crownie land. :worthy:

I love 2005 SCV as well. Wished it placed higher, but that show looked hard to clean. Still love it. It's a favorite of mines as well. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

I'm sorry you only got to march half the season! I was wondering why you sad reacted. I thought I had said something wrong or out of line. 

We get off topic here all the time, no worries. Lol.

🙌🏽

Yeah, I used it pretty subtly. There's no emoji for the emotional complexity that happens when fans love a show that hurt you. 😎

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

I love 2005 SCV as well. Wished it placed higher, but that show looked hard to clean. Still love it. It's a favorite of mines as well. 

That show was raw because we were raw. Much angst. Much rage. :worthy:

EDIT TO ADD: Moral of the story is... take special care of the injured ones.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

🙌🏽

Yeah, I used it pretty subtly. There's no emoji for the emotional complexity that happens when fans love a show that hurt you. 😎

Your username is honestly quite haunting, but your posts do show quite a lot of levity, and we all need more of that on here for sure!

• Thanks 1

My percussionist brother is there right now, and I told him to send me videos. He's sending me purely closeups of the drumline LOL. Of course I love the drumline but that's not what I meant! 😅

• Haha 2

The Son tried out for Cavies, but he was way too young. They sent the cut list around and he got a call from Racine Scouts. He marched with them one season and at Finals saw Crown. He said that's where he wanted to go and never looked back. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Your username is honestly quite haunting, but your posts do show quite a lot of levity, and we all need more of that on here for sure!

:76_ghost: Boo! But thank you, I'm very serious about doing whatever I can to prevent what happened to me from happening to others.

Injuries tell a story. Crownies would do well to listen closely...doing so could affect your sustainability. EDIT TO ADD: I'm sorry, that's insensitive. Let me rephrase.

...doing so could affect more than the future wellness of those injured. That's first. It could also affect the corps sustainability at their current level of achievement.

Edited by scheherazadesghost

5 minutes ago, squarepush said:

My percussionist brother is there right now, and I told him to send me videos. He's sending me purely closeups of the drumline LOL. Of course I love the drumline but that's not what I meant! 😅

oops sorry meant to post this in the houston thread!

• Confused 1