Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

5 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

:76_ghost: Boo! But thank you, I'm very serious about doing whatever I can to prevent what happened to me from happening to others.

Injuries tell a story. Crownies would do well to listen closely...doing so could affect your sustainability.

It’s a noble goal, especially since all these stories of past years and decades have a lot of parallels with how the “man up” “do it for the team”  culture of sports has made many put themselves in harm’s way, not only for the immediate future but in chronic life-altering realities and potentially life-threatening mental ailments. It’s a serious subject that should be treated as such

That’s my downer but real take of the day, but I know people that have pushed themselves more than it was safe for them to, and no one wants to see their embattled friend and loved one struggling like that.

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

It’s a noble goal, especially since all these stories of past years and decades have a lot of parallels with how the “man up” “do it for the team”  culture of sports has made many put themselves in harm’s way, not only for the immediate future but in chronic life-altering realities and potentially life-threatening mental ailments. It’s a serious subject that should be treated as such

I've written a lengthy open letter to the community about it and have been continually silenced or shadowbanned across platforms for trying to amp it. Nobody talks about Bruno as @Jeff Ream put it. I just strongly believe that my truth can exist without tarnishing all the power and beauty of SC and the larger activity.

I'm impressed by the whole Crown team's handling of this unfortunately injury, at least from the outside. Now, as I've told SC directly, what are you going to do not only to recover from the injury, but prevent future ones? Injuries affect morale. That's the key to the castle and it lies in show design as much as it does instruction. I wish them an excellent rest of the season.

2 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I've written a lengthy open letter to the community about it and have been continually silenced or shadowbanned across platforms for trying to amp it. Nobody talks about Bruno as @Jeff Ream put it. I just strongly believe that my truth can exist without tarnishing all the power and beauty of SC and the larger activity.

I'm impressed by the whole Crown team's handling of this unfortunately injury, at least from the outside. Now, as I've told SC directly, what are you going to do not only to recover from the injury, but prevent future ones? Injuries affect morale. That's the key to the castle and it lies in show design as much as it does instruction. I wish them an excellent rest of the season.

You’re thankfully in an environment where in the wider world of sports, there is a stressed importance about protecting the athlete as the athletes needs to have a quality of life after they are done, as anyone should be afforded to in retirement. By the sound of it(although I’m way too young to know anything about the day-to-day of the old days) corps were really risking their students falling into heat exhaustion, god forbid heat stroke. The dangers of playing sports like football have never been more visible with the attempted cover-ups of long-term impacts of brain damage caused leading to fatal outcomes. Many corps to various degrees have answered the call to the outcry, but the universal answer when asked “Do you want to be responsible for damaging the quality of life for any of your members mentally or physically after they move on from drum corps?” The answer should be an emphatic “NO”

• Thanks 1

Haha they used Deep In the Heart of Texas for the sound check. Love it!

• Thanks 1

The Ballad Sounded even more Glorious tonight. Guard looked tired tonight, I hope they get much needed rest 

• Like 1

Better run tonight Crown!! Didn’t hear any significant timing issues. Saw some rifle drops but still a great run

• Like 3

The "Whack a Crownie" comments over on the show thread area REALLY pissing me off after what happened last night. Tasteless, classless, and pathetic.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

The "Whack a Crownie" comments over on the show thread area REALLY pissing me off after what happened last night. Tasteless, classless, and pathetic.

Not only that but they think it’s funny when everyone in the crowd loves it. It’s not laughing, it’s oohs and aahs. It’s a great moment right before they blow faces off. Makes me wonder if they would say the same things if another corps did it

• Haha 1