Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

Just now, TigerBaritone19 said:

Not only that but they think it’s funny when everyone in the crowd loves it. It’s not laughing, it’s oohs and aahs. It’s a great moment right before they blow faces off. Makes me wonder if they would say the same things if another corps did it

I meant it's in bad taste after what happened to the guard member last night. Because that's why it was said in the first place, no matter what he says, but they covered it by using the tarp as an excuse. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I’ve got some pretty thick skin but those BD fans are really going after Crown fans this year and for what? Us being excited and defending our favorite corps? Just seems childish to me 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

I’ve got some pretty thick skin but those BD fans are really going after Crown fans this year and for what? Us being excited and defending our favorite corps? Just seems childish to me 

I'm over them all. I'm about to make a thread, air my grievances, and leave DCP. They have pushed me to that point with this tonight.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I'm over them all. I'm about to make a thread, air my grievances, and leave DCP. They have pushed me to that point with this tonight.

Deep breath, InCOG. 

As I think you told BWISE, just last night: “We’re gonna need you down the stretch.”

May not take gold, but Crown’s not only in contention but takin’ audiences by storm. The haters really HATE THAT!!

Peace be with ya, bro👍

Edited by nsxanax
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

The "Whack a Crownie" comments over on the show thread area REALLY pissing me off after what happened last night. Tasteless, classless, and pathetic.

Yeah thar was a rude comment.  I really hope Crown pulls it off and takes it all this year to shut them up. I think the fabric is cool. 

I believe Crowns intention is to not carry alot props. And feel that is what DCI is becoming. All about Props and I just don't understand.  Fabric has been used in alot of past Drum Corps shows but this is different. Sacktig also talks about the decision to use the fabric and what it symbolizes.  

Anyway if Crown does decide to go the route of doing fancy Props they'll just be doing what everyone does, having the need to have Props. I personally like marching rather than scattering the field with Props. 

• Like 1

Just now, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Yeah thar was a rude comment.  I really hope Crown pulls it off and takes it all this year to shut them up. I think the fabric is cool. 

I believe Crowns intention is to not carry alot props. And feel that is what DCI is becoming. All about Props and I just don't understand.  Fabric has been used in alot of past Drum Corps shows but this is different. Sacktig also talks about the decision to use the fabric and what it symbolizes.  

Anyway if Crown does decide to go the route of doing fancy Props they'll just be doing what everyone does, having the need to have Props. I personally like marching rather than scattering the field with Props. 

Rick Subel is on video explaining that exactly. No need for an extra truck for props when the fabric can be folded up and put on one already on the fleet. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

BD fans can be brutal.

Insensitivity about injuries, as noted earlier, is unacceptable and always has been. No class. Hope you get to enjoy Crownies from wherever you're sitting!

Glad I wasn't like than when I was on the other side. Ive enjoyed all shows.  Their time will be up one day. It's coming. Who to take over and reign for a minute, idk. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BWise said:

Different topic Health and Safety:

I notice a lot of Corps with serious holes I assume mostly due to Covid. And properly those Corps are not marching sick kids. 
Conversely .. I see some (even top 4) corps marching 100% no holes. Are we to assume they are immune or are sick kids on the field? I know this is an individual corps protocol .. but it makes me wonder what is going on .. professional sports taught us you can’t ensure a bubble and really hope sick kids are not being put on the field in Texas heat. 

Dude, Crown has so many freakin' holes in percussion alone. Tonight it was a bass drum, vibraphone, tenor, and snare. That's obviously not 100%.