Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

24 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Where do you see that? The comments are overwhelmingly pro-Crown from what I can see, esp regarding the brass scores

I'm seeing mostly BD vs Crown with equal parts love/hate. Very little about any of the other Corps that performed.

Frankly, when the discussion devolves into rants, my eyes just glaze over and I have to move on.

Life's too short. 

• Like 4

I have an extra Nightbeat ticket, DM if interested. Section 5 Row AA.

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

Not quite.  There is an ignore feature but then DCP tells you every time an ignored member posts something and asks you if you want to read it anyway, which has the effect of calling even more attention to them.  

Also, I’m not sure but it may not prevent their comments from showing up when others quote them.  And in any case it can lead to confusion because people will be talking about posts you didn’t see.

Yes -- when someone quotes from an ignored person, you'll see the full text in the quote.

When an ignored person posts, I see a dim text about it which is easy for me to ignore.

All this on mobile browser. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

Not quite.  There is an ignore feature but then DCP tells you every time an ignored member posts something and asks you if you want to read it anyway, which has the effect of calling even more attention to them.  

Also, I’m not sure but it may not prevent their comments from showing up when others quote them.  And in any case it can lead to confusion because people will be talking about posts you didn’t see.

I guess it depends on the personality of the scroller. I zoom past those who I have put on ignore with joy.

• Like 1

It saddens me to read some of my CrownCOMPATRIOTS are taking a sabbatical, as there are times I enjoy the banter here as much the raison d’etre of our shared interest. I, do, however understand. Some of the digs can be overlooked, but others are a bit extreme, and I believe that, in itself, is an extremely charitable characterization.

Couple that with—‘fraid I’ll be labeled a heretic after this admission—my fear that it’s just not going to happen in ‘22 for Crown. That seems to be the consensus of observers that over the years have proven to be not only exceedingly knowledgeable but for the most part fairly objective. H@ll, the Ott might be elusive as well.

I’m on record that this program [for me], is far and away my favorite since Relentless, and I standby that. The highlight of my year [weather permitting] will be next Sunday night, when the uber homer audience in Truist Stadium goes absolutely ape shyt when Crown brings the closer home. 

I, and I’m sure a few others, will be here when you come back. You will be missed🙁

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

This saddens me greatly, and the ######## who laugh reacts to any comment regarding Crown is now laugh reacting to this too, which further proves the problem with DCP. The mods aren't doing their job to keep this kind of thing down, and people are running ramped with it this year because they know they can get away with it. Comments like "Whack a Crownie", along with the other hateful comments that have been in plethora this season, should have been taken down as soon as they were posted, but unless you report it the mods don't blink an eye and even then it might get taken down and it might not. I was put in DCP jail for "abusive behavior" when taking up for the LGBT members of todays drum corps in 2019, but yet you have bullies who run around here spewing ######## all day, every day, and absolutely NOTHING has been done about it. There's only so long one can hold their tongue, and I for one have almost reached my limit. 

With that said, I probably won't be far behind you unless something is finally done about certain members of this forum. DCP use to be fun, back when it was moderated. Nowadays it's just full of ########, hateful banter, and agendas against a corps that some just don't like anymore (I say anymore, because before 2017 most were fans of Crown.). It's honestly quite pathetic on two parts; 1. The posters who continue this #### and 2. The mods for allowing this to continue. 

With that said, it's a show day. Lets get it, Crown!!! Hopefully I can last through the day today, and live to see another day on DCP. If not, I'm over on Reddit under the username Puma-Thurman. If I stop posting, message me there! I would welcome any messages from any of my Crownie brethren!!!

I was a DCP lurker for a bit when the DrumScorps app was around, and yeah sometimes the same kind of vibes remain, but hey, I can’t pass judgement on folks that I haven’t gone to and attempted to have some civil discussions with, so that’s why I started talking and reaching out to folks.  I can only name one individual on here that has been nothing but inhospitable, and they post very rarely so it’s honestly not that bad. Many more good interactions than bad in my experience so far.

• Like 2

I took two years away from DCP because it was so toxic. Had to create a new account because I couldn't remember my password lol. It's just as toxic now, if not more so, as it was two years ago. A lot of this toxicity is still coming from the same few people as it was two years ago. I see a couple new names in that mix that must be trolls, they can't possibly believe some of the venom they spew.... But I have just lurked since coming back and haven't participated in conversations. I'm just here now to keep up with Crown as well as the rest of the activity and do my best to just glaze over the negative crap. I hope you find a way to come back and enjoy the forums again. 

Go Crown!! Have a great run tonight!!

Edited by DasTuba33
  • Like 3