Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

Battery MIA’s still🤧

2 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Looks like they’re dealing with some Covid issues. 

Yeah some horn holes and the entire pit is masked tonight I see.  The set into the silks in movement two is much better tonight though and starting to sell me on those fabrics. 

• Like 1

Soloist with serious high & tight ‘doo.

Battered a bit, but those still standing are selling it.

1 minute ago, Newseditor44 said:

So, this will either be the last time we see this show as is, or they’re going to spend the next three days cleaning the sh1t out of it. I expect some changes while they’re in Memphis. Let’s see what happens. 

Any gut impressions on which way they’ll go?

Just now, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Score didn't move much... oh well..idk. 

it was a cleaner run visually for sure.  

I was watching for the snares movement mentioned earlier and didn't really notice it.  I'm convinced the issue is largely the pit book being not as on par as some of the other pits. It's a crazy tight year with top percussion lines and I'd pay more attention to the scoring gaps that the ordinals when gauging the impact of percussion on final placement.  But even there, if judges are using .1 to separate their ordinals, the 5th place line is gonna be nearly a half point back in percussion which has an impact of course.  

• Like 2

Just now, KVG_DC said:

it was a cleaner run visually for sure.  

I was watching for the snares movement mentioned earlier and didn't really notice it.  I'm convinced the issue is largely the pit book being not as on par as some of the other pits. It's a crazy tight year with top percussion lines and I'd pay more attention to the scoring gaps that the ordinals when gauging the impact of percussion on final placement.  But even there, if judges are using .1 to separate their ordinals, the 5th place line is gonna be nearly a half point back in percussion which has an impact of course.  

I've had that feeling that it's the front ensemble writing. Like I mentioned the intro to the 5th movement is missing so much. I'm just going to say that I don't see much changes coming. I hope they can hold onto 3rd, if not it's all good. I love the show and it's entertaining to me and will be played repeatedly after the season. This year has been interesting so far, but the season isn't over. 

• Like 1