Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

8 minutes ago, Big Bird said:

Crown has one of the most talented groups in the activity year after year. If you gave them the design team of Boston or Bluecoats they could win every single year

I think so too. That's what's so frustrating. Then I get frustrated that Crown fans don't see it. I had those blinders on with a couple corps for probably two decades in the past, and it is great to finally have them off and see things for what they are. Crown fans would have a better season if they just saw things for what they are and enjoyed the show. Yes, I think it's a huge mess, but for me it's a hell of an enjoyable mess.

Edited by henry7184

Yeah, I do think music design is better for Crown this year but the concept is failing. I had a feeling as time went on this season the show would start to feel trite and hokey. 

there is just isn’t a lot to grasp on to with regard to the overall concept. It is pretty shallow compared to the top 5.

The members also have to be almost perfect to achieve the GE that others groups can achieve dirtier. There is not much emotional effect or intellectual. Some aesthetic effect but the drill / staging really doesn’t convey much to the concept.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

Yeah I wouldn't be very upset if Crown moved on from this design team after this season.  Just not really getting the job done.

They have good ideas!! I like how creative they are. Sometimes they just run the risk of not letting their best ideas shine. It’s just about being judicious and editing things down so that each effect can actually have the big impact it deserves, IMO.  

Does the ballad this year really benefit from the giant tarp AND sabre tassels AND fabric connecting the high brass AND the high brass winding it’s way through one of the globe props — all during the biggest hit of the song, which is one of the biggest hits of the show? Just makes me wonder what the design team wants us to be paying attention to. Ironically, they could just be standing there in a strong formation and, with THAT brassline, it’d be effective already!

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Big Bird said:

Crown has one of the most talented groups in the activity year after year. If you gave them the design team of Boston or Bluecoats they could win every single year

Well...there's still those folks from Concord you'd have to deal with.  You know...the ones with 19 rings!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Did Crown have a bad run....they were four in nearly everything except Guard and Music Analysis. I'm shocked brass took 4th. I never thought I'd see that happen.  Percussion took fourth and that's actually a step up so good on that. 

My pretty much only gripe at this point is that they shout "Right here, right now!" at least 20 times throughout the show.  Too me that's really an overkill. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, WildcatMello said:

Did Crown have a bad run....they were four in nearly everything except Guard and Music Analysis. I'm shocked brass took 4th. I never thought I'd see that happen.  Percussion took fourth and that's actually a step up so good on that. 

My pretty much only gripe at this point is that they shout "Right here, right now!" at least 20 times throughout the show.  Too me that's really an overkill. 

i don't think their run was bad, but i think Bluecoats just upped their game. Blue has cleaned everything a lot, added stuff and changed things and it just happened to push them ahead. no bad runs, just a surprise punch from Bloo.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ashontheinternet said:

i don't think their run was bad, but i think Bluecoats just upped their game. Blue has cleaned everything a lot, added stuff and changed things and it just happened to push them ahead. no bad runs, just a surprise punch from Bloo.

You think they'll jump Bloo again?