Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

5 hours ago, karuna said:

Can we talk about the stellar CrownGuard for a minute?  I am so so so impressed with their resurgence.  💞

They remind me of the great Crown guards of the recent past. I love their book and filed coverage. As a lover of Crown's brass, for me, this year, it is all about that guard (and that brass from the crown set to the end).

6 hours ago, karuna said:

Can we talk about the stellar CrownGuard for a minute?  I am so so so impressed with their resurgence.  💞

Honestly, I think it's the story of the season for Crown.  I was optimistic about the trajectory they were on but did not expect this kind of jump this season.  All the more impressive with the larger numbers.

Been thrilling to watch this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, henry7184 said:

They remind me of the great Crown guards of the recent past. I love their book and filed coverage. As a lover of Crown's brass, for me, this year, it is all about that guard (and that brass from the crown set to the end).

Have you come around a bit on the size and staging?  I seem to remember you had thought the size of the guard was too big and driving too much clutter a while back.

BTW, this is not meant antagonistically.  Genuinely wondering if above comment is despite those concerns, or if some cleaning has softened the original take (if I am attributing the original take correctly).

24 minutes ago, runyancm said:

Have you come around a bit on the size and staging?  I seem to remember you had thought the size of the guard was too big and driving too much clutter a while back.

BTW, this is not meant antagonistically.  Genuinely wondering if above comment is despite those concerns, or if some cleaning has softened the original take (if I am attributing the original take correctly).

I didn't think it was antagonistic at all. I don't know. I mean their guard looks so huge to me. I thought for years it would be great to see an enormous guard then Phantasm came along and trashed that theory. Maybe I have Phantasm PTSD. 

I'll see how I feel tonight, but from day 1 I've loved the guard book. It's fabulous.

Yeah that was hot despite what people on the show thread are saying. Nice tie in with the orange fabric like their scarves

• Like 3

And no one seemed to notice the crowd in movement 4 waving their arms. Thought that was cool

• Like 1

Think it was a great run.  Much cleaner. Lots of energy. Pretty happy with that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

As I’m watching that run I’m thinking “holy crap, do they have a chance?”

Brass really put some work in and added a lot of texture. 

I hope so .. pretty happy with 95.05